Author: happynomad

Does a man today can tolerate a superior wife? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-16 07:41:51 |Display all floors
I think as long as the wife is loving and pays plenty of attention to her family, it doesn't matter if her salary is higher than her husband's.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-17 11:17:04 |Display all floors

helpful information

in fact, i 've been confused about it recently... now, i feel  better...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-17 11:23:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hyperactive at 2006-4-14 18:22
I can accept it
my gf earns more than me so....
love is what counts, not who takes care of the family/family income.... but love and care is more important

love is indeed what counts. but pls read:  I didnt say you should LEAVE her because she earns less.

Sorry to say but: " you are kinda 失败 when you earn less than your gf/wife actually"..
and as Chinese you should DEFINITELY understand this..
be realistic: being man DEPENDING on a woman ...for family income--> this is something sad~~...your wife didnt do wrong yeah, ITS YOURSELF...who should SHAME!!...

love is most important, but to LIVE, able to give her (and your kids) a good life is even more important!!!!!!! money is not most important thing, but its a NEEDED thing!!!  you can't EAT, BUY, SLEEP, ENJOY, with ONLY love/care...
do you guys understand my meaning?

(also ask the girls here around, they won;t find a poor unsuccesful (or even unemployed) man attractive...
sure all everyone knows 'love is what counts, bla bla' but be realistic and grow up...income and financially indepent is A MUST , especially being a man!!)

[ Last edited by auchengyu at 2006-4-17 11:32 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-17 12:47:23 |Display all floors
Financially independent is one thing; everyone should be able to manage that. But if you make $50,000 per year and your wife makes $75,000 per year, does that really matter? I kinda doubt it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-17 13:23:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2006-4-17 12:47
Financially independent is one thing; everyone should be able to manage that. But if you make $50,000 per year and your wife makes $75,000 per year, does that really matter? I kinda doubt it.

yeah if you compare it that way ofcourse it doesnt matter.
But if you're a man and you're supposed be the main income of the family...
(or if other family members/friends/colleagues, find out that you earn less than you wife)
in Asia, this is LOSING face. and as we are here on Chinadaily. in China..we should know that face is an important thing.

even in theory it doesnt matter such small difference. but in reality, it will have influence (even you don;t want it..)
and well..even we CAN accept it (we won't leave her because of this), as a man , you should be little ashamed..... (for the fact that she is the main income and can be worse; you depends on her income ~~)

[ Last edited by auchengyu at 2006-4-17 01:26 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-17 13:35:35 |Display all floors
does she can devote energy to family as a successful woman?does    she has capability to make family and career balanced?  there just have few cases in modern society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-17 13:38:00 |Display all floors

yep

thats why there are often 2 cases:

1) family wife
2) career wife

it is hard to balance both very good. ---> u cant be with your kids all the time if you're working long and hard everyday...
but ofcourse if you stay home all day, this is kinda too boring for the wife.
so I think the best is that the wife can work full time without kids.
if kids are born, wife can take part time jobs and care for family also
and the husband as the main income for both cases.

(don't underestimate how important it is for parent(s) to spend enough time with their kids from small on)

so ofcourse both husband and wife may work like 'crazy' if they don't take kids

[ Last edited by auchengyu at 2006-4-17 01:41 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.