Views: 2572|Replies: 3

Love Must Be Tough [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-14 12:10:38 |Display all floors
who did read this book ?  I think it will give us new flashing about love .  I agree : Love must be tough.

“爱必须自尊”( Love Must Be Tough)由杜博士首次提出,迅速成为美国婚姻咨询界以及教会牧师最常使用的概念,继而成为普通美国人挂在嘴边的一句表达。
在杜博士提出“爱必须自尊”之前,教会牧师、婚姻咨询师向婚姻危机中的受害者一方提出的建议大多是“柔软的爱”的建议,他们建议受伤的一方以温情和无条件的爱留住意欲离去的配偶。但杜博士认为,这样只会使得只留下一点爱的火苗的婚姻燃烧殆尽,因为这样的爱没有力量、没有自尊,只会使得本已生厌的一方决意投入第三方的怀抱。
杜博士所提出的“爱必须自尊”理念,挽救了无数美国家庭,相信中国基督徒也会受益,以重建美好家庭。
“爱必须自尊”是一条人际关系的普遍原则,适用于危机家庭、未婚男女,也适用于其他场合,只要两个或两个以上的人彼此有了联系,这种方法就具有适用性。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-14 12:19:42 |Display all floors
Love Must Be Tough - by James Dobson

Review:

Love Must Be Tough offers realistic hope for troubled marriages. The principle of "tough love" is discussed in response to the most serious indicator of potential family breakup-a lack of respect. With over 1 million copied sold, this book presents God's plan to restore and maintain love.

This must be one of Dobson's most well-known books and for good reason. First of all, it is NOT a book on child discipline - "tough love" is used so much in relation to child rearing that one might be led to think that, but Dobson was probably teaching on this topic long before the phrase became part of popular culture. (Dobson does have excellent books on child rearing, too, though!)

This is a book on relationships, and how one must always maintain their dignity and confidence regardless of what the relationship throws his way, and how appeasement may force a relationship apart because lack of self-respect causes a lack of respect for you among others.
Although the bulk of the book talks primarily of divorce, separation, affairs and other marital problems, the principles apply to ALL relationships, and I, a never-married single adult, benefited greatly from it. There is, in fact, one chapter, "Loving Toughness for Singles" which discusses applying the principles of the book to dating relationships.

The principles of this book need to be understood by everyone who desires to have healthy relationships. And it would be better to understand them sooner than later, and have to apply the principles in an attempt to repair a broken relationship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-14 14:46:45 |Display all floors

how to be tough

the question is how?

To what degree the so-called Tough should be?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-14 15:45:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by happynomad at 2006-4-14 14:46
the question is how?

To what degree the so-called Tough should be?

Actually  , I don't know how .  But  tough here means self-respect ,dignity .   I interprete it that don't lose yourself when pursue your lover .  If they dislike and avoid you so much , give them  space and let them go .   Draging them is useless .   

I am confused  .   Let other friends give  their opinion .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.