Author: pinko7

downloading music for free [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-15 20:43:20 |Display all floors

But ...

Originally posted by pinko7 at 15-4-2006 01:42 AM
right on the money

it's good for artists to get their music heard widely...and it's good for the listening public to be able to enjoy music...and not only the wealthier public

Alex, you will not be able to recoup your investment of time, effort and money to make your CDs if I simply uploaded them to a file-sharing site and everyone grabbed them for free? Sure, you would be popular but also poor

I respect the fact that you have spent the time, effort and money to make the music and the CDs and therefore think that you would surely deserve to make a return on that investment.

On a different but semi-related topic: Madonna is charging between £80-£160 for tickets to see her in London. That is an insult to music fans everywhere and shows the contempt that some artists have for their "fans". She is a no-talent piece of cr@p anyway ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-15 22:22:38 |Display all floors
of course right, if your music is good, many fans will buy it absolutely, if the music is shit, just delete it.
how can we know it is good or not,  the answer  is downloading~~
plus, those poor people can also have chance to enjoy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-15 23:39:08 |Display all floors

I'm looking for free mp3 downloads...

No biggy I think... because I'm sure if a very rich person knew they could get a free song they have been looking for, within seconds using a p2p program or websites like sogua.com, they wouldnt bother doing anything else...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-16 15:26:06 |Display all floors

I disagree ...

Originally posted by divina at 15-4-2006 03:39 PM
No biggy I think... because I'm sure if a very rich person knew they could get a free song they have been looking for, within seconds using a p2p program or websites like sogua.com, they wouldnt bo ...

A lot of P2P sites are a haven for spyware and viruses ...

I have a reasonable amount of disposable money and I would prefer to buy the real thing rather than download some crappy compressed MP3 .... AAC (MP4) is the way forward now: MP3 is over 10-years old!!!

Rich people are more likely to buy the CDs because it is the price which prevents "poorer" people from buying.

Anyway, I am "sitting-on-the-fence" for this one. Perhaps I have downloaded music? Perhaps I have not? There are over 4500 songs on my iPod so I will just say that music is important to me :)
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-16 16:22:32 |Display all floors

it don't matter

Whichever is easier to get I would have to say... one song over the internet is around 0.99cts and I don't mind paying for that... I just have this paranoid issue with paying for things over the internet... money for me is not really the issue, it's accessibility... Just like movies... To get the "original" of a movie, I have to go to Walmart here and it's quite a distance, so I just go to the nearby DVD place and buy a pirated one for 6 RMB...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-16 16:32:43 |Display all floors

What?

You can buy "real" DVDs in China?

Hee hee

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-16 17:00:20 |Display all floors

hehe

That's why I had to put "original" in quotes-lol

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.