Author: zoelynn

do teenagers really need mobiles?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-7 19:31:03 |Display all floors

Reply #21 markwu's post

YES Mark, I was thinking in such a line that China could produced large quantity of cheap lower end version of such phones ,PC,TV,etc where needing higher labour but not too technical for them to handle so that the rural people can buy.
The rural people can come to the factories as this wll generate incomes for themto spend on housing,food etc to further boost the economy.

I think food/clothing China is almost self sufficient so it is infrastructure,transport,etc....
when opening the rura areas.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-7 20:33:49 |Display all floors

good points, caringhk.  Making technical things more affordable to the rural people will inspire and provide them with more convenience;  "technology-in-rurals" can be a new field of wide-ranging ideas; from new types of solar panels to generate electricity, to special DIY satellite disks to receive mobile call transmissions, even a cheaper but more powerful version of the simputer can go someway to increase IT penetration to the countryside.  Having said that, it all boils down to making software more affordable, and also increasing telecom accessibility, perhaps by fixedline cables to nodes, then mobile from nodes to user, in some combination with satellite.

A special national programme to raise rural peoples' awareness of the usefulness of technology to them can help inspire them to think of new inventions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-7 21:26:33 |Display all floors
The cell phone have taken great convenience for us,and it becomes more and more cheaper.
It make no sense to talk about whether  teenager to have a cell phone or not, if only their parents think it  will  benefit them and they could afford, what else should they care about?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-7 21:31:05 |Display all floors

It's a necessity in my life .

Thanks to the cell phone , I communicate with my friends , my family ,my teachers and so  conveniently . The other day , my mobile phone didn't work.   I didn't get used to it at all .  And I was even  late for one of  my classes though I wore a watch that day [I didn't wear a watch since I bought a mobile phone.] . So as for me , mobile phone is indispensable . In addition to communication , it can serve as a clock .
However, I sometimes waste times chating with my girlfriend in the midnight or sending messages during   classes.  
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-7 22:09:22 |Display all floors

It is a waste

Maybe some students claim that it's easy to get in touch holding a mobile phone ,maybe some claim that it will contribute to their study when they are asking their parents for a mobile. But ,by and large, it's not that case.

Actually, mobile phone has eased our modern life ,not only to workers but also to those students in possession of mobile phones. However, according to an investigation,only less than 10% mobile phone holders used to call their parents ,while in the rest 90% holders nearly 85% confessed that they had gotten the mobile phones for the reason of  "to contact their parents more conveniently". What that numeral mean ?

Take my nephew as example, a student ,aged 13,in a middle school holding a Sony Errison mobile phone in hand . It was me that had presented this phone to him as a gift  in view of his call for contacting his parents. This phone counted about 2000RMB. About 5 months later, he had called his parents only 16 times and sent numerous messages to his schoolmates,which was sheerly nonsense to me. In contrast , my mobile phone was somewhat cheaper, but my communicating expenditure was 20 times of his.

I have no idea whether I'm doing harm to my nephew or not.  Anyway, it is a waste to him. You know, our country is still not rich enough. Many people have to float here and there earning their life. I'm sure they are homesick. What they want is probably just a mobile phone.:)

[ Last edited by hbguo98 at 2006-4-7 10:43 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-8 02:10:56 |Display all floors

It makes the world smaller.

It makes the world smaller for me. I can pick up my phone and talk to my relatives, friends and others anytime, anywhere in the world...this tool has reduced my physical distance with people, to whom I do business with and relatives and friends, to whom I care so much about....

also it saves me lots of energy and time...it allows me to cut down on driving time and fuel cost spent on the road...as a result, less pollution to the environment.

You may assert that In the process of making cell phones, we human would also pollute the environment one way or the other...well, that would be another issue, perhaps we can discuss at a different place and time.
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-8 21:35:15 |Display all floors
i think that one should buy it only he/she need it!
a lot of college students  do not need it ,but they buy it .......because.........................

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.