Views: 4693|Replies: 4

Chinese version of Apprentice coming [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-2 17:33:38 |Display all floors
Chinese version of Apprentice coming
By Zheng Lifei (China Daily)
Updated: 2006-03-31 06:30

A reality show in which would-be Chinese entrepreneurs from around the world compete to become bosses of new businesses is set to debut on China's largest national TV network in May.

Believed to be a spin-off of The Apprentice, the hit American reality show, Win in China launched by CCTV on Wednesday aims to provide a fresh form of entertainment and offer greater opportunities for aspiring businessmen.

According to its producers, participants in the eight-month show will face rigorous tests of their tenacity, business acumen and street savvy.

Here's how the show is formatted:

About 110 competitors will gather in Beijing for the preliminary contest after being chosen from among 3,000.

Twelve participants will enter the semi-final, adjudicated by judges including academic experts and successful entrepreneurs.

One competitor will be eliminated in each episode until five remain.

The winner will run a new business with a registered capital of no less than 10 million yuan (US$1.2 million); the runner-up, 7 million yuan (US$863,000); and other three, 5 million yuan (US$617,000).

The prizes compare favourably with The Apprentice, in which the winner is given a job at US real-estate mogul Donald Trump's company and a six-figure salary.

Unlike in The Apprentice, where Trump calls the shots, delivering the now-famous "You're fired" line to losing contestants, Win in China will play to audience preferences.

Two of the 12 semi-finalists will be selected by viewers via text messages; and the ultimate winner only by audiences.

Wang Lifen, executive producer of the show, said that the programme would be much more dramatic and interactive than The Apprentice because the audience will be involved.

Viewer participation seems to have been adapted from the Super Girl singing contest, which was inspired by another American TV show, the American Idol.

The Super Girl, watched by more than 400 million people last year and the winner decided by text messages, is one of the most successful shows in Chinese television history.

"More importantly, Win in China will be inspirational, celebrating the indomitable human spirit and encouraging Chinese people to achieve their dreams," Wang said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-2 19:15:40 |Display all floors
Super Girl voice really sucks compared to American Idol. It was just new and fresh to the Chinese viewers and this 'The Apprentice' wannabe will generate high amount of viewers again by taking an 'American Idea'. How about some creativity instead of pacing behind American Media. The winner of Super Girl voice reminds me of a transexual that has already influenced many girls to dress like boys. Oh yeah, the third place winner should of been first considering she was actually 'talented' being able to sing in multiple languages. Paying people to vote for you in your region shows how unfair it is to the contestants that do not have that luxury but only genuine talent.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-2 20:10:43 |Display all floors
Thanks for your comments...
Actually, I'm not very interested in seeing "the Super Girl singing contest", but I do like the voice of Li Yu Chun... Her voice is close to male voice...I like that kind of voice:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-2 21:17:36 |Display all floors
Perhaps you should just listen to male singers?? Alot more variety there with 'male voice' dont you think.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-2 21:37:21 |Display all floors
No...what I  like is that female with kind of "male voice"....I like the voice that is more special...so different from others...like what you called "transexual" voice

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.