Views: 2064|Replies: 6

Hey what do you chinese people think of each other? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-1 10:55:00 |Display all floors
I know many stereotypes, like xinjiangren are thieves and guangdong people are savvy, dongbei ren are strong and violent.

I come from a rural area of the UK where people think we are all "sheep-shaggers"

so there u go, dont be coy. r henan people really hated widely for faking things?

personally i hate zhejiangren. Everytime i go there, they r the dirtiest, most shameless and immoral, money-grabbing scumbags ive ever met. I like northerners and xinjiangese most. Cantonese r nice too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-1 11:02:23 |Display all floors
Anhui people likes to take advantage of other provincial people. Shanghai people are ostentatious. Guangxi people are mainly short. Schezuan women are hot *la mei*. Henan people cannot get along with their own. Xi'an people have a very distinct accent. Shandong people are very blunt, honest and rude. I agree with you in terms of Cantonese being very kind and Zhejiang people being immoral, shameless, money hoarding scums.

-These are all stereotype / generalizations so please don't flame me for these observations.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-1 23:34:24 |Display all floors
more than half the european-chinese are zhejiangren,most of whom are qingtian,wenzhouren.just like taishanren in the States,zhejiangren seemed to be the very first chinese immigrants to Europe.For them going to France amounts to going abroad.
I'm just wondering sometimes what it is that cantonese are unlikely to eat,although they contributed some food related vocabularies like chop suey,dimsum,chow and wok,etc to the English dictionary.that is not what the Chinese culture is all about .
it would be interesting to notice that both of them were the provincials that happened to go abroad for living one hundred or two years ago  and represented the Chinese people as a whole.

[ Last edited by yukin8512 at 2006-4-2 01:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-1 23:47:20 |Display all floors
honestly, i cant help but despise those people, it seems like anywhere in zhejiang u go; every single person is a rat-bastard.

Ive been everywhere in that province and, without exception, every one of them has been the lowest life form i ever met

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-1 23:49:09 |Display all floors
hubeiren are really warm-hearted...they are keen on doing a favor to strangers.......they are bountiful and general to every one

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-2 00:13:57 |Display all floors
I agree with leejee on hubei people they are genuinely very kind also their food is great (shou la shou). Henan people are very traditional and girls make very loyal wives. Gansu people have great pride for their hand stretched noodles. Szechuan people are very leisure and easy-going. Hainan people are also very easy-going but who wouldn't with environment like that. Harbin people are aggressive, drinks baijuo religiously, and likes to show off far too much (Mianzi whipped). Beijing people look down at you if you do not speak their local dialect and are quite ostentatious now too. I really like Cantonese people because they are hard working and very calm people overall.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-2 00:34:15 |Display all floors
Eyeofstorm... it's "Sichuan," not "Szechuan."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.