Author: aladdin

what's the biggest acceptable age gap between u and ur spouse [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-27 21:17:47 |Display all floors

i dont think it matters alot

Because i am more mature then many 50 year olds i know who still spit dummys (not toffee ones) over not getting their own way!
So thats my opinion..if two people are in a position where tehy want the same things in life then let them go for it!
I just came out of a relationship where she was 5 years older then me and we wanted completely different things...i didnt used to think age was a big factor..now i reconsider

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-28 11:50:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hyperactive at 2006-3-31 20:44
age doesn't matter , love is what counts....

age DOES matter.

This world is realistic.
'love is what counts' is just a beatiful saying.

In reality, a TOO BIG age gap has influences for sure.
Lets say, female 20,  male 28, such gap differences will cause:
communcation gaps, which leads to different ideas and concepts, which leads to often fightings and mis-understandings, which leads to pain/sadness, which eventually leads to divorce or break-up.  (example was my gf's 1st bf)

ofcourse a year or 2, 3, 4 wont make a difference, but more than 7, 8 will give problems often...

bear in mind that there are always exceptions.

[ Last edited by auchengyu at 2006-4-28 11:53 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-28 13:22:43 |Display all floors

age gap for sure

I think I am hard to communicate with a 5years younger girl,she like net game and fashion news. but I like sport and biz news

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-28 20:33:59 |Display all floors

Reply #17 davidhu's post

That's the different between girls and boys not the age... I like games... but my fiancee not... she loves shopping fashion etc... she is just one year older... and yes our parents have problems with that...

[ Last edited by hyperactive at 2006-4-28 08:46 PM ]
一心一意,一生一世

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-28 20:40:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by auchengyu at 2006-4-28 11:50

age DOES matter.

This world is realistic.
'love is what counts' is just a beatiful saying.

In reality, a TOO BIG age gap has influences for sure.
Lets say, female 20,  male 28, such ga ...

often.. but not always... I can't accept  a girl who is more than 2 years older than me.... a girl who is 10 year younger isn't a problem....(not 23 an 13... but 32 and 22 is ok)
It depends on how mature the girl or the boy is and their attitude... I can remember that my fiancee was morrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee and morrreeeeeeee maturer than I when we started our relationship 8 years ago.....I was 15 ...she was 16 and was like a girl of 25....
I think that she liked older boys at that moment, but I'm not sure.... maybe she thought that I was tooooooooooooooo childish... or something.... don't know... never asked her......It goes very well now..... doesn't matter anymore

[ Last edited by hyperactive at 2006-4-28 08:46 PM ]
一心一意,一生一世

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-29 00:53:37 |Display all floors

In my view....

Age is not the only determining factor....among other things, health, money, love, maturity, attitude, mutual attraction etc. are parts of the equation. If the man is young looking, energetic, highly motivated and driven, even though his physical age is 50 or older, in terms of everything else, he can outdo a 25 years old "young" man. Well, what would you say about that "older" fellow....

some people would limit their acceptance by age, financial, appearance, nationality, class etc... and for others, sky is the limit. I belong to the latter group.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-29 10:43:31 |Display all floors
I pay more attention to his personal glamor ...so I don't care his age ..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.