Author: chenyu

China's Serious Environment Problem   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-4 16:59:00 |Display all floors
i totally agree with what you have commented on chinese serious pollution circumstances. Since many foreigners came to china would be unsatisfied with chinese environment. They think china is dirty and need do something to improve the enviroment. And they also think garbage should be classified and recycled.,and supermarkets should not provide plastic bags for free. It's true that chinese is turning into a comsumerism age and the bulilding construction and expressway construction is mass confusion. We can hardly breathe some fresh air if we don't go to park or go to suburbs. It greatly damaged our health. Maybe our govement should issue some decree to limit and set control the over expansion of consumption of resources and power.
also, i am new comer and i want to make friends, especially foreigners. my name,iris.
email:xuyaniris@126.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 08:36:42 |Display all floors

let's take action!

we knew the problem we faced, ask yourself, did you pay attention to your own behavior in your daily life?
why not take action? it's every citizen's responsibility.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 08:43:59 |Display all floors
Just remember: Educate everyone that there is a limit to the resources we use on this planet. If we carelessly and blissfully use in ratio 2:1 the depletion of resources will not renew itself according to our demand.

Live simply so others may simply live.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 09:40:08 |Display all floors

Jiangnan's water resources seriously polluted

As a lover of water scenery in Jiangnan,the southern part of China,I sadly regret that the once mirror-like rivers and lakes are no where to be found. Facing the dark torrent running furiously towards the east sea, I couldn't help wnodering what on earth it is that has made the water so dark and dirty. 50 years ago, the fishermen living on boat could drink the water in the river, but now no one dare to drink the water any more. Why? The water is harmful to the human health. In fact, the water has been so seriously polluted that the fishermen could no longer find any fish in the river.What a pity!!!What can we do now to save the rivers?????????
    Dear brothers and sisters, do you think China is hopeful if things keep going from bad to worse like this??Do you think our children will live a happy and healthy life in the future with stinky water around them?????

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 16:00:37 |Display all floors

i have the same opinion

oh i lived in shenyang ,i think the environment is so bad,when i go to work everyday,it is stink,i think the air is not good for
the peoples' health.and we all know the sandstorm occurd in north city,i i dislike it at all.oh,i like to be in a city like Singapore.
when will our enviroment improved?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 16:22:52 |Display all floors
The rapid development of China has created a surge of tainted place that were once havens for nature lovers. The illegal dumpings of chemicals and the likes have turned those 'mirror-like lakes' into complete forsaken wasteland. Once these place have become contaminated, it is very hard to regain and rejuvenate natural habitat back to its pristine origin. The clear dilemma is in order for a developing country to gallop to a mature state...there lies numous sacrifices toward the places which they once inhabit for that reform. The advice now is to protect what China have left that has not been touched by corporate and industrial enterprises. Also promoting innovation toward a more 'green' direction can also ease the uncontrollable and potent air pollution. (Canada has done a superb job in maintaining environment protection -- Try breathing the air there and you will truly appreciate 'fresh' air)

[ Last edited by eyeofstorm at 2006-4-5 04:29 PM ]
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 20:55:40 |Display all floors
at the first glance at what chengyu said, i thought you are a foreigher,i think what you said goes a little too far,as chinese,we should not do that,so to speak ,fogive me.
   we all know the urgence to protect our situation i think,you see ,so many people have answered the topic,it is obviously we all realize it ,.......
  and the government know it of course,althought there are no much improvement these years,or maybe worse,
  it is impossible to change it one day,we slhould have encough money to do it ,we should all chinese people realize it ,not only us and the government,may be all the factories know that the discharged waste  would hurt themselves too,but why they do not disinfect it first,i don't know ,maybe it is the profit,......why we cut the forests?why we built so many builtings,,,,,,i don't know why some people would do it at the cost of their own livng conditions,,,,,,,
   may be the govrnment should  be  responsibe  for it ,but not the whole  responsibility,i think
   we own should do it better first,and let more and more people to do bettler,and hope the government can take more sever and effective methods to sovle it
:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.