Author: dupodong

Brainstorm-VI: what's the purpose of education, that is, why we need schooling? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-31 13:23:51 |Display all floors
Nowadays it seems that education is a must, for the purpose of getting a good job or whatsoever.  But sometimes that isn't always the case. When applying for a job, your academic skills may be useless.  Most graduates commit that what they benefit from education is the moulding of their characters. Whether or no, I think education really plays an significant role.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-31 14:00:50 |Display all floors
想给你一生闪一晚..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-31 14:17:09 |Display all floors
Education is a life long study which  not only relys on school learing but accumulate in your living world. The knowledge you learn just told you something happened in the past, but it will become a sinificant thing when you apply it into pratice in your fiture.

I believe that is the purpose of education.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-1 20:41:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dupodong at 2006-3-31 11:02

if your philosophy is right, then you are justifing the industry of prostitution,
for "even for a prostitute who may not gain any education in school, he/she must possess a certain type ...

I just want to justify that even if people without education, he/she still has the basic living knowledge if he/she really want to survive in this world for whatever the surviving tools they are using...Nothing more...maybe I didn’t make it clear...

What kind of education are you talking about? Of course, I was talking about the positive education, not the negative one...What I said about the “evolution” like theories of evolution and natural selection: all the life on earth evolved developed gradually...without competition, there will be no difference between the strong and the weak and there will be no further development at all...

And Of course, as righteous person, we indeed should care much about those people who are suffering and we should show our fellow feeling about them and we do should try to help them as much as we can…but as you said, the reality is cruel, such as natural selection: only adapter will survive, whereas undapters will suffer...so we must have to be a stronger who can adapt well in this changing society and live in this world in a positive way.

For those people who are suffering must be confident firstly for themselves...they should not lose heart... If they give up themselves initially, no one could help them...that’s why I said it all depends on themselves...in other words, they should initially readjust their attitude properly and try to be a strong person who can best fit in this changing society and live in a very positive attitude and lifestyle... human competition is really cruel!! To be an adapter...To be a winner!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-2 17:58:33 |Display all floors
A very pracitical problem

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-2 22:50:15 |Display all floors

to:moira123

Do not complain about  what we suffered from our govenment did to us,raising education cost that made most of family hardly diffcult in affordding because we want a bright future and good life.

However,I wonder why a few always complain about our education .They have not gain returns from education or they thought it cost much to afford education fee??
I even donnot know what's real education mean is ..by schoolling only for money?

please tell me whats the positive education .your mentioned adapt to this changing society and have to  readjust their attitude properly , my understand is paying for the higher education cost is right ,we donnot benefit from education and have complaints means is negative. you know why our education fee is higher than some even developed nations because government used the rest of education money invest in some profitable industry or not views it as a means to improve the quality of nations.in other words,they lost political morality,that's way people always complains about...

Finally,please tell me where do you know education create competition,and whats defination stem from

[ Last edited by farruca at 2006-4-2 10:52 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-3 20:34:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by farruca at 2006-4-2 22:50
Do not complain about  what we suffered from our govenment did to us,raising education cost that made most of family hardly diffcult in affordding because we want a bright future and go ...

I think my  view is relatively positive...That would be my personal opion, if you couldn't accept it, please leave it out...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.