Long Hair Dance

LongHairDance2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 00:45:00 |Display all floors

Wa Dance

drumAndLongHairDance.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 01:10:17 |Display all floors
Wow!!! Crazy crazy! Post #13- His spirit is coming right through the picture! I couldn't help smiling & laughing!!! I want to go now! And the Long hair dances, what fun that looks like!... My hair used to be that long, at one point I could sit on it, that was too long.

These people are Chinese? To me they seem like a combination of African and Chinese. I guess it's the tribal nature of them that makes me think of africa. I think we in western countries grow up learning about history in such a way that Africa is where all the tribal cultures are, and we don't always learn that other places have tribal customs too. So it's always such fun to discover something like these people. That link I put up earlier has lots of other tribes but I haven't visited the links yet. I think I can only handle one at a time!

I would like to live in a culture where it's ok (and encouraged!) to feel connected with spirit, and dance and move and sing freely.... that's CERTAINLY not how I grew up! The way I grew up those things are considered strange! I'll admit, my father makes up silly songs as he does chores around the house, but that's as far as it goes here!
Oh, and when I was younger I went to Grateful Dead concerts, where I was able to dance & move and feel connected to the music... but those days are gone.... now that I think about it, I did do some other things in my youth (alone and with friends) that would take the place of tribal customs. And I have a book (just remembered now) about ritual, and how modern youth make up things to do that mimic tribal customs even though they have no idea they're doing it. They do things that help them bond, feel connected to each other, test each other's bravery, etc.

I'll get back to the drum later, I have to alter the picture & point out something...
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 03:01:36 |Display all floors

DRUM

No, I rarely get cows and women mixed up! What I meant was, there is a character in the circle above the cow that looks like the character for woman, nu3 with the little dots over it. That made me think it is the female drum. The article said they have a male drum and a female drum.

I can't type that character here, I don't know how! Only nu's with no dots show up, look:
努 怒 奴 弩 驽,etc... How do I type a U with the dots?

Thank you so much for all the other words! I love it!

Here's a picture of what I see.

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-3-30 03:15 AM ]
drumnu.jpg
drumnu2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 04:06:25 |Display all floors

Gee!

try nv.  when you input Chinese, use v for ǖǘǘǚ

you won't miss it!

I have no idea of what that circle is...

Maybe you are right...^_^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 12:48:59 |Display all floors
女 HOORAY!!!! I did it! Thank you Afri_simba!!!

女女女女女女女!!!

绿绿绿绿绿!!!

Yes, I think I'm right about 女 being in the center. I think 男 might be in the center of the other drum!

I feel very smart now.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.