Author: threebowls

TECHNICAL COLOR QUESTION, PLEASE HELP US [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-27 06:16:08 |Display all floors
If it indeed is a technical problem, the monitor should be calibrated with an SRGB profile.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-27 06:25:55 |Display all floors
"yea they all look correct to me, and that rules section shows up as lime green."

Strange. Red is red here, but red is limegreen there. That was our original issue, and where this color thing came from.

I'd still like to hear from more people, especially the person who had the problem. Thank you liangzai, interesting way to help.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-27 06:29:57 |Display all floors

OMG!

Those who are complaining about the Colours don't know they are colourblind?

Great Job! Lianzai!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-27 06:35:36 |Display all floors
Very interesting Liangzai! Thank you for those examples. I'm glad I'm not colorblind. I've heard that men's color accuity is often less than women's. I'd be interested to know why.

Two people so far have told me that the section called "RULES" in the sticky post containing rules & rights is lime green. It is html'd as red, and appears red to me. One of those people just said red HERE is red, but there it is lime green! I don't get it. I changed the RULES section back & forth between colors, so maybe it was a small glitch (whatever that could mean) and perhaps it is red now.

Ah.....

If those people have protonapia, as your pictures show, then red could sometimes look green, but certainly not a "jarring lime green".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-27 06:39:04 |Display all floors
i checked the source code of both pages. the problem is, in the wrong colour topic, the font html code is _font color=" red"_, the space before "red" screws everything up.

the blue is not correct either, actually it's navy blue on my screen, which it's not supposed to be.
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-27 06:47:12 |Display all floors

examples:

Right Colours:

black
red
yellow
pink
green
orange
purple
blue
beige
brown
teal
navy
maroon
lime green

Wrong Colours:

[color= Black]black
[color= Red]red
[color= Yellow]yellow
[color= Pink]pink
[color= Green]green
[color= Orange]orange
[color= Purple]purple
[color= Blue]blue
[color= Beige]beige
[color= Brown]brown
[color= Teal]teal
[color= Navy]navy
[color= Maroon]maroon
[color= LimeGreen]lime green

if u check the source code, you will see i just put a little space between "=" and each colour name.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-27 06:55:10 |Display all floors
so solution, edit the post, take out the space between the equal signs and the colour names. now i beileve they look like [color= XXXX], change them to [color=XXXX]. then the colours should be fine on everyone's screen.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.