Author: leejee

why do americans always "fuck" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-11 01:09:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whampoa at 2006-8-10 23:22

I am a Chinese (100%) and, like you are convinced, I have never heard of them or understood their meaning.

Which means that you don't speak Chinese and/or have never been to China.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-11 08:17:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whampoa at 2006-8-10 23:32

You are banned to use.

Yes, i see, but my point was that other people are using it, in all the first posts. But I now see that those posts are old, so it probably wasn't banned back then but it is now...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-11 09:15:49 |Display all floors

WHAMPY....YOU ARE WRONG

W- "The American F-word is different.  Everybody knows it, says it and thinks nothing about using and
saying it, even in front of their children and it has even gone on the big screen."

I don't know what upbringing you had or what neighborhood you heard this....but 95% (not all)
Americans would ever use this word in front of children or in public.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-11 09:45:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iluv2fish at 2006-8-11 09:15
....but 95% (not all)
Americans would ever use this word in front of children or in public.

Agree, totally.

No one in my family uses it except 1-2 men that married into the family, and their wives have asked them to watch their language and they now try. It's not everywhere, and it's not acceptable everywhere.

I rarely hear it in normal daily life....

I don't hear it while food shopping...
I don't hear it at the drugstore...
I don't hear it at the laundromat...
I don't hear it at any of my jobs... (actually I heard it from one boss once when she burned her hand taking something out of the oven. I looked at her with surprise and she said something like "I bet you weren't expecting to hear that from me, were you? Yes I curse sometimes!" and we both laughed about it)
I don't hear it at the gas station...
I don't hear it at school... (except maybe sometimes from some rowdy teenagers hanging out)
I don't hear it at the library...
I don't hear it walking down the street...
I don't hear it in my house...
I don't hear it from most of my neighbors except one loud guy who isn't very friendly...
I don't read it in the papers or online except for this site...
I don't read it in emails from friends or family...
I don't hear it on the radio...
I don't see it on normal TV shows that I watch (which are none right now, but I mean when I did)

And it's not in all movies. If a movie has it, the movie has to be rated R so parents know there might be such things in it and they can keep their children from it if they choose.

So no, it's not everywhere.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-11 16:21:46 |Display all floors
Here are just a few ways that we can use this versatile word here on CD.

Tekvicious is ----ing smart.
Tek is cool as ----.
Flotsam is a dumb ----.
Whampoa is a ----ing screwball.
Hey, Frothrow...why don't you go ---- yourself.
Sinful Angel is ----ing beautiful.
The local officials are all ----ed in the head.
etc,etc...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-11 20:17:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liangzai at 2006-8-11 01:09

Which means that you don't speak Chinese and/or have never been to China.

WHAM doesnt even know the ratio for the yuan vrs American dollar!  

I even know what they mean and i am `100 percent NOT chinese!  Kinda sad that my naughty students would say such words in the classroom thinking i didnt understand!
Silly sausages!  HAHAHA

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-11 20:19:40 |Display all floors

I am not American

An personally i hate hearing that word~  I really think it comes from the realms of hell....well not really that bad but if i watch a movie and somone says it once i can tolerate it (sadly) but anymore then that i a get so frustrated!!!  
I couldnt watch the movie something about mary because  i thought to myself....I dont want to be listening to such language!  

i think its wrong that we say..its not appropriate for children....its just not appropriate for people..FULL STOP!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.