Author: dupodong

anyone who like the Beatles? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-27 10:14:47 |Display all floors

reply #21 thunderbird's posts

many thanks! thunderbird! those photos of the Beatles you posted above are very nice, some of them i've never seen before, i love them! it's amazing!
Beatles bless you~~~

[ Last edited by dupodong at 2006-3-27 10:15 AM ]
1116900095.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 09:15:10 |Display all floors
I must say the Beatles are really one of the greatest band of last century.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 09:53:45 |Display all floors
I think they will be forgotten.

I see so many songs that I have not heard in years.  The Beatles cannot be found online.  They have made their music inaccessible to their fans.  It is their choice.  It is their right.  Divine Right of Beatles.
龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 11:01:00 |Display all floors
People will be listening to the Beatles in a thousand years as well. This is because they expanded the realms of the possible so much in pop music, and laid the ground for virtually all modern pop. Songs like Yesterday, Eleanor Rigby, and Love Me Do have very clever harmonies and chord variations, and it is well-nigh impossible topping their music from that angle.

It's not that they were particularly genial, just that they were around at the right time at the right place.

Their "competitors" at the time, the Rolling Stones, will be forgotten, however, because they never furthered rock music, they just played it as it were, with a little touch of their own. And they haven't changed in the forty years they've been doing this. It is fun watching them play live (soon in Shanghai!), but they don't have a legacy that will last.

Online: http://mp3.baidu.com/m?f=ms& ... rd=beatles&lm=0
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 11:14:39 |Display all floors

Reply #24 matt605's post

Originally posted by matt605 at 2006-3-30 09:53
I think they will be forgotten.

I see so many songs that I have not heard in years.  The Beatles cannot be found online.  They have made their music inaccessible to their fans ...

not their songs inaccessible to the audience, but the audience inaccessible to their great music!

not every one could understand them, esp John Lennon, he is a greatest genius ever lived!

they are easy to all of us, for "It's easy if you try "!

you never try, how can you say their music inaccessible to you!

listen, those who has ears to listen!

if you are incapable for understanding their music esp J. Lennon's music, that's your own problem! not his!

how easy his lyrics are!
how simple the tunes are!
how beatiful their hearts are!

how harsh your comment is!

listen to him, you'll find the real treasure of the music!

and you'll find what is the essence of the music!
it's the thought in it!

he give you real strength, and real care but not false advise!
he give you pure love, pure language but not dirty words!
he give you warm hugs, tender kisses but not cold shoulders!
he give you smile even when you hate them, for he know you don't know what you are doing~

so "Give the Beatles a Chance!~"
and "Eternity to John Lennon~!"
for no matter how greatly you despise them, when you fell down
they'd tell you the truth------"All You Need Is Love"

[ Last edited by dupodong at 2006-3-30 11:30 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 11:24:41 |Display all floors

Reply #24 matt605's post

Originally posted by matt605 at 2006-3-30 09:53
  The Beatles cannot be found online.  

you cannot find them online because you didnot try to find them~!
they are everywhere online.
if you seek, you'll surely find!

the websites below were found  on Google the first page, and if you like you'll find more~~~

The Beatles
Albums: Abbey Road, Help! [UK], The Beatles 1, and more...
Songs: Ain't She Sweet, My Bonnie, Carry That Weight, and more...
More music results for the Beatles »

THE BEATLESThe official website of The Beatles.
www.beatles.com/ - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

I Am The BeatlesTheir history, albums, songs, lyrics, and what the lyrics mean. News on album collections and answers to fan questions.
www.iamthebeatles.com/ - 87k - Cached - Similar pages

The Beatles - The Internet Beatles AlbumA collection of Beatles related informational, sound and picture files, made available for study by Beatles fans and scholars all over the world to explore ...
www.beatlesagain.com/ - 3k - Cached - Similar pages

beatles-discography.comIncludes the complete British and American discographies with all the singles, EPs, albums, films, fan-club records, and session details for every Beatles ...
www.beatles-discography.com/ - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

Songs, Pictures, and Stories of The BeatlesBeatles website for collectors and fans featuring information and values on thousands of Beatles rarities.
www.rarebeatles.com/ - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

The Beatles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaA series of articles covering the history of the group, the development of their work, the members and notable albums and songs.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles - 117k - Cached - Similar pages

Steve's Beatles PageLyrics to every song indexed by album and songtitle with recording information including anomalies, photos of album covers, MIDI files, and other related ...
www.stevesbeatles.com/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

The Beatles Story Exhibition in Liverpool and Beatles Merchandise ShopThe Beatles Story Exhibition in Liverpool is a magical experience. Visit our online store and purchase Beatles merchandise, from music to clothing.
www.beatlesstory.com/ - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

The Beatles Ultimate ExperienceThe Beatles story, 1963 to the break up and through the solo years, told through interviews and quotes with photos and animations.
www.geocities.com/~beatleboy1/ - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

BeatleLinks - The Beatles Internet Resource GuideA comprehensive list of links for Beatle oriented web sites on the internet.
www.beatlelinks.net/ - 61k - Cached - Similar pages

Try your search again on Google Book Search

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 11:26:32 |Display all floors
I like the song "let it be". Not onle does it have good rhythme, but also I think it always reminds me
of days with simplicity.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.