Author: matt605

Chinese girls in America. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-7 13:57:29 |Display all floors
That's just how society works over here.

Says Yanyin...we'll then respect how society works over here as well?
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-8 11:32:23 |Display all floors
I disagree with the way society works in China. There's a climate of corruption, censorship, and the lack of human rights.

You have to give people gifts or invite them to dinner before you can get things you already deserve, or someone is always getting things they don't deserve by bribing important people.

Example: We're both trying to get a job. I'm more qualified, but you invite the employer to dinner. You get the job even though you have no skills.

A society like that is not worthy of respect.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-8 11:41:08 |Display all floors
A society which you were born in...Xi'an right?? Also it is true bribery is rampant in China but people in the west do also give their bosses presents for the incentives of getting a promotion or whatever else. All im saying is both hands from both sides are dirty.

Example: We're both trying to get a job. I'm more qualified, but you invite the employer to dinner. You get the job even though you have no skills.

That is rather fallacious considering the SKILLS of the worker still determines who gets the job regardless how nice the present is. The present can only be an asset but not a definate key to get into the door of the company.

[ Last edited by eyeofstorm at 2006-6-8 11:43 AM ]
((EyeOfStorm))

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 09:45:17 |Display all floors
Xi'an's a pretty nice place these days. So are most large cities in China.

No, it doens't really happen in the west. Bribery doesn't work in Capitalism, because ultimately the employer loses money if you can't do your job. The whole bribary thing is just something that started in Communist era China and never really dissappeared. I guess it's more prevailent outside the business world now that China is pretty much capitalist too, like how people give bribes to get their kids into good high schools, etc...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 10:07:03 |Display all floors
The whole bribary thing is just something that started in Communist era China and never really dissappeared.

There is no origin as to where bribary came from...its been around as long as prostitution and something which we call 'greed'. China is combating this deep-rooted behavior, however it is a tough nut to crack but it does not mean bribary does not  happen in the West...just in less extent. Also, a gift from the employee is not always considered bribe unless it alters the employers behavior to favor him/hers position.
((EyeOfStorm))

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 10:20:06 |Display all floors
I agree.

Which is why capitalism is better than communism.

The CPC should probably change its name soon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-10 10:17:10 |Display all floors

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!

"The CPC should probably change its name soon"

What is in a name?

Thaink about it....by changing the name....

Taiwan + China unite...without firing a shot.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.