Author: matt605

Chinese girls in America. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-7 12:01:49 |Display all floors
In the alleged criminal harbouring charges, I'm assuming you're refering to that Chinese criminal who escaped to Canada and demanded refugee status on the grounds that he would be tortured and killed if deported back to China. The Canadian Department of Immigration is currently reviewing his case. The Canadian constitution does not believe in capital punishments or cruel and unusual punishments (torture). Hence, Canada may offer refugee statues to the said individual. Pending. We'll see...

Free medical check ups are annual for children and per-two-years for adults. I'm not completely sure about this. I havn't had one for three years because I'm young and feel invincible.

Canadian income tax rates vary from zero to about 40 percent depending on your income. Not many people are rich enough to fall into the highest brackets.

I'm willing to stay in Canada because the taxes collected from me are given back to be through the social infrastructures of the country. This is in contrast to the Chinese policy on taxation and budget, where if you don't work for a state owned company/plant/factory/school, you're not entitled to any medical, educational, old age, welfare, social aid, or public service benefits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-7 12:47:13 |Display all floors
The Chinese government even made an official agreement as to not have the 'guy' undergo capital punishment when repatriated back to China. The only thing Canadian Department of Immigration is doing is sucking up his / capitals which he ill- jacked until he is financially dry. All that money should be returned back to China considering it definately belongs to the country.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-7 12:59:19 |Display all floors
Yeah, but the Chinese government also said there are no human rights issues in China. So what's your point?

Refugees don't pay taxes in canada. They get free housing, food, and healthcare while they wait for their claims to be processed. The Canadian governments spent $80.8 million on refugees in the 2000-2001 fiscal year. The amount has gone up since then.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/rma/dpr/00-01/IRB00dpr/IRB00dpr02_e.asp

You can find all of this information on google. If it's not censored...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-7 13:12:19 |Display all floors
Yes Refugees I know...but open your eyes and recognize Mr. Criminal kingpin did not seek refugee here initially. Do you think it makes sense to have a billionaire come to any country on refugee status?? Do you think the country will accomodate freely for a billionaire when he wasn't a refugee until investigated upon?? This guy was in Canada with connections with the BCB triads along with other underground affiliates. The province of Fujian is the core place of most East coast and partial West coast triads of North America. Refugee...huh...he seeked for this status later when he was proven to be responsible for dodging all of the taxes through bribery and other forms of corruption.
((EyeOfStorm))

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-7 13:18:59 |Display all floors
Yes. I'm sure he's a bad person and everything. Nevertheless, the Canadian government doesn't know if the Chinese government is going to keep its promise, and it's not taking any chances with the life of a human being. That's just how society works over here.

I support the death penalty, by the way. I think Canada's too soft on criminals too. But I definitely do not support the death penalty for anything other than murder. It's rediculous. China is putting way to many people to death. They only time you should ever kill someone is if they killed someone else. Not when they stole a bit of money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-7 13:26:49 |Display all floors
[quote]  Not when they stole a bit of money. [quote]

YES...because billions upon billions of capital comes down like rainfall in a humid region. I suppose you also feel that corruption is completely acceptable in your standards with this notion.
((EyeOfStorm))

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-7 13:35:58 |Display all floors
Corruption is not punishable by death. Your sense of morality is completely archaic.

Edit: I'm off to bed. Good discussion. Thank you.

[ Last edited by yanyin at 2006-6-7 01:41 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.