Author: eye2eye

Taiwan, part of China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-31 00:34:23 |Display all floors

Should we thought so deep?

Taiwan is an independent country.
Taiwan has independent identities, and China has same, too.
In addition, most of people in Taiwan hope that their Taiwan is NOT A DEPENDENCY OF CHINA, and they proud it.
Why should they be controlled notwithstanding they doesn't hope?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-31 02:09:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eye2eye at 30-3-2006 15:52
A. Lincoln insisted on one US, denying the breakup of the country. This laid a solid foundation for a prosperous US today.

USSR broke up, which shadowed a weaker Federation of Independent Countries a weakening Federation of Russia.

United, China will prosper;
Separated, China will dwindle.

When someone can prove that recognising Taiwanese independence would lead to the break-up of China, I might change my position. But personally, given that Taiwan is already independent in every other way, I can't see how "formalising" what is the case already will change anything.

eye2eye, the problem is that insisting any Taiwanese government adhere to Beijing's policy before there can be a discussion is counter-productive. It would be like if China had a territory dispute with a neighbour and it said "before we can talk, we want you to agree to give us all this land here, here & here". It's just not sensible. The most productive thing would be to find things to agree upon first to build some sort of dialogue, while putting the actual status of Taiwan on the back-burner (that way neither side would lose face).

The KMT says that it agrees with the one-China policy, but it also says that Taiwan's future is up to its own people. And its idea of the one-China policy is a vague desire to join the mainland, not an election platform. So in that respect its position doesn't help Beijing at all. If it is just about face, and agreeing to the principle for talks was just symbolic (i.e. not binding), then perhaps it could work. But I think China is expecting far too much from a change of government. In reality nothing would change, except the tone of the rhetoric coming from Taipei.

[ Last edited by mencius at 2006-3-30 06:25 PM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-22 19:21:58 |Display all floors

Reply #1 eye2eye's post

the solve of taiwan issue depends on mainland's development.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-30 09:41:28 |Display all floors

Most absurd stupid thinking

Little aircraft carrier is confused and naive.  Unification of Taiwan is the unfinished civil war, not a war between two different peoples.  

Tell me the Taiwan people are not Chinese, stupid fool.  Tell me the Taiwan people don't eat Chinese food, write Chinese characters, go to mainland Chinese to visit relatives, etc. etc.

Who are you, and where are you from?  Mars?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-30 10:16:06 |Display all floors

#26 Speak for yourself~

Tell me the Taiwan people are not Chinese, stupid fool.  Tell me the Taiwan people don't eat Chinese food, write Chinese characters, go to mainland Chinese to visit relatives, etc. etc.

Who are you, and where are you from?  Mars?

Tell the American people are not English, stupid fool. Tell me the American people don't eat English food, write English letters, go to England to visit relatives, etc. etc.

Who are you and where are from? China?
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-30 10:26:39 |Display all floors

Imitation is, hmmm, most flattering.

People who grow up eating french fries and hamburgers, they think these are wonder foods.  Hmmm, that really shows in their bird brains.

Yankees think that the whole world should also eat french fries and hamburgers, they are the American wonder food.

Why do Americans speak English?  Can't they make their own language? Hmmm, too much wonder food.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-30 10:29:40 |Display all floors

Re: There, I told you. What are you going to do, call me a "fool"?

You got that right.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.