Author: baiyueling

work in shanghai [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-22 15:43:21 |Display all floors
This is my MSN : raulzjx@hotmail.com
talk to me! If u want!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 15:56:27 |Display all floors

Give me ur advice

I am  a newly  undergraduate this year.  Majoring in English , I  just fell puzzled to struggle in shanghai----metropolis.  Lack of working expriences , nor the rich backgroud ,   i  don't know how tomorow cuold be .
I  am changshaese,  while  in view of my BF, i have to choose  shanghai . Still, thinking of  the vast  job opportunities  there,  i decide to have a try !
    But , friends ,  Wil  u kindly  give  me some suggestions on this ?  If  u have the common with me , or u are in shanghai, Will u tell me more about the job  in the city?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-24 10:54:52 |Display all floors
if some one do not like shanghai, just go and get lost.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-24 14:21:34 |Display all floors

The suggestion to floor9

Dear friend ,I have worked in shanghai for 3monthes,I came here by accident,i came here just for travel and visit my classmate,then i make friends with her boss,boss think my English is good and give a chance working his company,so i came here from nanjing.
There are a lot of opportunities in shanghai ,if you have time and patience ,i think you can find a good job here ,and your BF is here ,so you don't  lonely.
I don't like this city ,but i must like it ,and i think if i live here long ,i will like it.
If  you have any question ,you can talk to me ,my MSN is :baiyueling@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-24 19:15:02 |Display all floors
baiyueling, can you elaborate further how opportunities are different in Nanjing and Shanghai.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-26 09:50:28 |Display all floors

well, some tips here

next time try the elder coz they are got lot of time while the youngsters may hurry for something anyway, and the elder are supposted to be more sophisticated.
if you say shanghainese are apathy, my words would be that's not the case, far from the truth. this city got no xenophobia sentment ,their english proficency,i guess is the problem. most well educated shanghainese myself for one are always ready to help. Reachable @ 13585807260, if any newcomer need help.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-27 10:44:09 |Display all floors

hi,nice to meet u here

hi,nice to meet u here,i am kevin
i was majoring in business english when i was in college
and i graduated last year,at that time,i have the same problem with u
there is no doubt that shanghai is our best choice who is majoring in english
u can imagine that in small cities,what can we do? or to what kind of companies can we contribute to?
maybe it is not easy as a new graduate,but we can find a job ralating to our interest and our major first, at the same time,to learn from what we do,i strongly believe that things will be better,just believe in yourself and the city,as u said--metropolis.
Of course,it is a double-blade sword,as it is full filled with oppotunities and pressure
Wish u all the best
if u like,u can communicate with me by msn: kevincjz@163.com,perhaps there is something in common between u and me
good luck

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.