Author: frothow

The reason america will always be a superpower [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-21 10:22:12 |Display all floors

If only Truman listened to Douglas MacArthur

Anybody that knows history knows what I'm talking about .China would be a different nation today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 13:20:09 |Display all floors

Truth Hurts

When one indulges themselves into too much arrogance and patriotism they become anti-ambitious and thus inevitably taking the path to stagnation. The younger Generations of the U.S. are still spending their 'illusion of weath' thanks to the deep-rooted obsession of overconsumption. Furthermore, the future of US in terms of science and innovation may not contain the edge if education fundings are cut. As of what I have seen, the younger generation of America all have a similar dream- To be part of American Idol  - How in the hell does a country advance technologically if the offsprings all want to become an entertainer? Mayhaps, there are about a few hundred thousand science & technology graduates annually in the U.S. Also, there are a few million graduates annually in China at the moment. Albeit we are talking 'apples and oranges' here but damn thats still alot of Oranges!!!! If America does not rethink its priorities and continue to generate more IOU's and propaganda then their throw-away cultured days will be numbered.

[ Last edited by eyeofstorm at 2006-3-21 01:24 PM ]
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 08:26:20 |Display all floors

But . . .

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 08:46:02 |Display all floors

Let me teach you something

During the korean war general Macarthur wanted to take on China because the Chinese were handicapping the efforts of victory over north Karea. President Truman wanted no part of going into China and soon after fired MacArthur .At the time i believe the US could have defeated China which would of course change the history of China today .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 10:12:47 |Display all floors

Let me learn you something

Kublai Khan could of been extremely barbaric towards Marco Polo and could of killed him. Imagine that, the whole of Europe would not be the same today. Coulda , Shoulda, Woulda, but didn't...all that hindsight 20/20 is not going to change anything of the current.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 10:51:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-23 09:31:53 |Display all floors

America had no clear vision in Vietnam

It was a ridiculous police mission and by the way for every American killed in Vietnam a thousand Vietnamese were killed.The  USSR
would have stayed out of it ,they were not friends of china .Listen MacArthur had a very good war record, if he sead it can be done i believe him.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.