Author: tmphgt

Guitar Masters for mikeghet! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-17 21:56:45 |Display all floors
geez you's have left out a lot of real good players like george lynch (dokken) akira takahashi (loudness) nuno bettencourt (extreme) ted nugent (ted nugent and the amboy dukes) glen tipton (judas priest) wolf hoffmann (accept) alex lifeson (rush) michael schenker ( scorpions)(ufo) by the way nuno bettencourt can play as fast as paul out of mr big with his drill from the drill song only using one pick, ( play with me from extreme's self titled album, or how about joshua periah (the hand is quicker than the eye) I still like eddy van halen though after all these years I still have the riff from aint talking bout love stuck in my head :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 22:27:27 |Display all floors

Ah ha ...

Nobody is left out! Just keep adding them ...

However I will add my views too and more!

George Lynch: yep, great guitarist with his best stuff (for me) on the 1st Lynch Mob album :)

Akira Takahashi: not bad but just a clone of all the others! Their music sucked pretty badly too

Ted Nugent: never listened to the Nuge

Glen Tipton: not sure of how he plays these days since I only remember early Priest.

Wolf Hoffmann: never heard any Accept but I remember Udo (the Small Guy) could give you a run for your money in the ugly guy stakes

Alex Lifeson: very good player (got Rush in Rio on DVD recently) but his solos are always a bit of a gamble!

Michael Schenker: yep, good player - very melodic. I only have the Perfect Timing album though.

Nuno Bettencourt: cannot play as fast as PG! On both Play With Me and Flight of a Wounded Bumblebee, Nuno uses a delay pedal/device to get the “fast-sounding” bits

Jason Becker was incredibly talented, fast and melodic. One of the best sweepers and his illness is a real shame.

Tony MacAlpine was one of the finest neo-classical guitar players - now Steve Vai’s keyboard player but sometimes gets up and show Vai what guitar playing should be like!!

Kee Marcello and John Norum: very tasteful playing.

David Gilmour: very melodic and unique playing style.

Finally, for now: Rhandy Rhoads RIP ...

Mr Theconfused has heard my playing, I shall let him rate it when he turns up
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 22:32:28 |Display all floors
yep shame about randy, did you ever listen to mars it was made up of rock, sarzo, mc alpine and aldridge ?
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 22:38:38 |Display all floors
Ah, I didn't hear MARS.

Randy's solo spot on the Tribute album is awesome even by today's standards.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-17 23:58:46 |Display all floors

Steve Morse

Exceptional guitarist - High Tension Wires is simply brilliant :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-18 13:28:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-9-17 09:27
Mr Theconfused has heard my playing, I shall let him rate it when he turns up

My humble comment on Mr Guitar's playing: accurate shredding (CrazyGuitar) + clear blues tones (Sadness) = professional performance.
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 05:49:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by theconfused at 18-9-2006 05:28 AM
My humble comment on Mr Guitar's playing: accurate shredding (CrazyGuitar) + clear blues tones (Sadness) = professional performance.

Thank you kind sir

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.