Author: tmphgt

Guitar Masters for mikeghet! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-19 00:56:59 |Display all floors

Err ...

What to do and how to do and when to do and why to do?

If your guitar has only one neck then you are not worthy!!!
quad2.jpg
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-19 01:02:05 |Display all floors

Yeah!

Originally posted by mikeghet at 18-3-2006 04:56 PM
that dude can play some serious guitar.

Watching for a second time is even more impressive, especially now that I realize he's blind, playing killer guitar, and upside down.

I took lessons for about 9 months a long time ago, but I learned the wrong way.  Instead of learning scales and such, I'd go in and tell the guy: "hey, translate this metallica intro for me".  It was good to learn how to palm mute and pick and play fast, but not for what I consider actually 'learning' how to play guitar.  

It is incredible to watch him blast away at the end!

I used to play for 8-10 hours a day - all those scales, picking exercises and such ... I gave up playing in 2003 after about 18 years ... However last year the bug bit again!

In Guangzhou in October I was in a music shop and asked to try a fake Ibanez (having only had my girlfriend's battered classical to strum on). I ended up jamming with two salesmen: one on guitar and one on drums! I went away with the compliment that I was the fastest guitarist he had ever seen
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-19 01:12:46 |Display all floors
That's cool....

What kind of amp do you use?  What brand do you think is decent...the best bang for the buck?

I've got my crappy little crate amp but I can't even use it due to the lesbian wheelchair buddies below me that freak out!!! that's another thread.. ;-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-19 01:22:03 |Display all floors

Ah ha ...

Originally posted by mikeghet at 18-3-2006 05:12 PM
What kind of amp do you use?  What brand do you think is decent...the best bang for the buck?

I have been through so much kit ...

My best guitars were Charvel - I could not afford a real Jackson! I also had this cool ESP but with only one pickup it was limited ... but it had a beach paint job.

As for amps ... I've used Laney, Marshall, Sholtz (Rockman?) ... but now I have one very simple piece of kit: a Line6 POD (only a version 1 but it is enough for me).

http://www.line6.com/products/detail/4/

Those lesbians will be happy and you will have at your fingertips the most amazing range of guitar sounds ever! The POD is beyond cool ... It has built in speaker-simulation so you can sound like a miked-up Marshall stack but through a pair of headphones or straight into your hi-fi. The noise gate means the unit is silent when you stop and it is good enough to plug into a PA

So my kit is very basic now:
Ibanez guitar and POD - the POD is plugged into this PC's soundcard so I can play in-between typing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-19 01:32:33 |Display all floors
Fine, I'll give it to you that you are in fact Mr Guitar. :

But I can still say I own one...

At least give me that, it's all I got left...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-19 01:33:59 |Display all floors

Haha ... thanks!

Now prove that you own a stealth jet

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-19 01:40:11 |Display all floors
Well, that's difficult to do because my boss, Mr Rummy, says I can't take the toys out on the weekend.

What should I do?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.