Author: masterkung

India's Dalai Dilemma [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-16 11:52:08 |Display all floors

to #35

Yes, but what will they do with his ashes?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-16 12:05:13 |Display all floors

Reply #36 sockmonkey's post

All rivers lead to the sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-16 13:50:25 |Display all floors

Reply #37 lobsang's post

Actually a very good answer, the cremation!!!

Not only the ashes, they are suppose to look for the crystalsthat grows on

ALL Holy people!!!

That they keep in Stupas.............
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-16 19:11:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lobsang at 2006-6-16 10:54
Petty? That question does not arise because incineration, INCINERATION (cremation), thats the practice emucentral!  Sorry to see that your constant carping about the DL did not include knowledge of blah blah blah blah....

See post #33, where caringhk mentioned burial, not me.
My point was not related to what was done with the body, but the interring of remains, be they a body or ashes.

But for a bit of actual information, maybe a fool like you should do some research.

(from  http://www.chinaonyourmind.com/Destination%20Guide/tibet.htm )
Heaven funeral is most common among Tibet. As Tibetan people believe that their ancestors came from heaven, they must join their ancestors after death. The family must pray for the dead for several days with the help of Buddhist monks before it can be carried away to the Heaven Funeral Altar. The body will then be dismembered and left to be swallowed up by vultures.
Fire funeral is respectfully reserved for the dead Lamas and the nobles.
Pagoda burial can only be for Banchen Lama and Dalai Lama. After burial, the pagodas will then be decorated with gold and precious stones.
Water burial is for beggars and widowers. Undertakers usually carry the bodies to the riverside. The corpses will then either be dismembered and thrown in the river or wrapped in pieces of white cloth and dropped in the river.
Earth burial is for people who died of contagious diseases or criminals

A pagoda burial of ashes or body is particularly relevant to the point I was making, ie would it be in Tibet or elsewhere, and how petty the authorities may wish to be.

Check http://www.tibet-tours.com/Article/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=1886  for further explanation.

JB

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2006-6-16 09:14 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-17 22:53:38 |Display all floors

Reply #39 emucentral's post

Emucentral wrote <<A pagoda burial of ashes or body is particularly relevant to the point I was making, ie would it be in Tibet or elsewhere, and how petty the authorities may wish to be.>>

Ha ha, the bigger fool is the one who half understands what he reads but uses no common sense. But to crown it all, he thinks he knows everything, including places he has never been to. For one, there is no such thing as pagoda burial of ashes. You can travel the leghth and breadth of Tibet and you will not find one, nor is it mentioned in the websites he has indicated. That bit about ashes comes from the figment of his imagination. There is only pagoda burial of bodies, which is the one the late patriotic Panchen Erdini, the 10th Panchen Lama, has been honoured with, both by the religious order and the Government. Essentially, the body is mummified involving a process not for the faint hearted, and is possible only in the cold and dry climate on the leeward side of the high Himalayas. Try that at low altitudes on the windward side of these ranges and the body will rot and get eaten by maggots in no time. Dharamsala where DL lives, is on the windward side, at far lower altitudes, close to the Indian plains and therefore very much warmer. So there goes the idiot's interpretation of pagoda burial bar common sense.
But of course certain dim-witted guy might insist on a pagoda burial of the ashes, because without it its petty. So can this know-all person tell us how this is done? Some more websites meant for the tourists?

[ Last edited by lobsang at 2006-6-18 12:13 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-18 08:41:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lobsang at 2006-6-18 00:53
Ha ha, the bigger fool is the one who half understands what he reads but uses no common sense....

Squirm away, Lobsimpleton, you've created an irrelevant argument and still cocked it up.

The point was repatriation of the body of the DL to Tibet after his passing.
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-6-16 21:11
See post #33, where caringhk mentioned burial, not me.
My point was not related to what was done with the body, but the interring of remains, be they a body or ashes. ...

Whether his remains are cremated as you said was the practice;

Originally posted by lobsang at 2006-6-16 10:54
Petty? That question does not arise because incineration, INCINERATION (cremation), thats the practice emucentral!  Sorry to see that your constant carping about the DL did not include knowledge of ...

..or whether they are given a Pagoda burial (as I correctly mentioned ) is largely irrelevant.

Consider yourself suitably admonished, you idiot.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-19 16:02:33 |Display all floors

ai-yoooo-yoooooooooooo

One simple word "burial" and now so topsy-turvy........

I have read how great man are buried???

so what is stated is not much from the roll 500 times with pure cotton cloth and another layer .......cloth.

Thre must be oil in two containers......
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.