Author: masterkung

India's Dalai Dilemma [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-5 08:36:42 |Display all floors

It is 1989.

emucentral,  

You are cute when you are coy. Dalai Lama won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989. There you are I have said it for you. You must really come away with this Hollywood, Richard Gere mythology that there are still " knocks on the front doors at midnight " when policemen come to drag dissidents away, never to be heard from or seen again. It is Bollywood bollocks.
Quote " As the New York Times reported , people close to the Nowegian Nobel Committee said their choice of the Dalai Lama " was an attempt to influence events in China and recognize the the efforts of the student leaders of the democracy movement...." The decision had more to do with anti-Chinese sentiments than anything to do with Tibet. ( Tom Grunfeld  " The Making of Modern Tibet ). Also Sheila Ruke " How ,
And why, the Dalai Lama won the Nobel Peace Prize " NYT 13 th Oct '89.

A little light reading can sort those myths and cob-webs out I hope. You should know by now how incestuous   the Nobel Prize selections are. If FW de Klerk could win the Peace Prize with Mandela for his apartheid policies and genocidal regime, anyone including Mugabe could win it if the price is right.

[ Last edited by mengzhi at 2006-6-5 06:46 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-5 18:28:51 |Display all floors

Reply #25 masterkung's post

Can you please complete your statement

so i believe truly the Dalai to be ............................

Thxs
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-5 19:55:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2006-6-5 10:36
You are cute when you are coy. Dalai Lama won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989. ..

Oh no, Mengzhi, I protest, you are the cute one.
Success for you, you got the numerals up.
All it needs is the dollar signs, and I don't even have to press <shift> 4, I just type in the name of a Beijing landmark, like $$ Square.

Cheers
JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-8 19:23:25 |Display all floors

The Hit-n-Run merchant.

Where oh where art thou masterkung, our Indian guru ? This phantom who hit-n-run, spray-n-scatter is no where to be found. Very busy and vey indispensble I would guess. What doing ? is the question. It is an irresponsible state of affairs not to at least periodically return to sort out the dissenting views to your thread, is it not ? Still hoping for some gems of wisdom from the Holy man from the Ganges.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 10:26:22 |Display all floors

Reply #25 masterkung's post

Future question : - Where will The Dalai be buried when he dies???

India or China Tibet???

WE know Slobodan had to go back to his village.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 18:57:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2006-6-9 12:26
Future question : - Where will The Dalai be buried when he dies???

India or China Tibet???

WE know Slobodan had to go back to his village.

Well the Serbs weren't that petty, obviously.
Hopefully nobody else would be so petty!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-16 08:54:53 |Display all floors

Reply #34 emucentral's post

Petty? That question does not arise because incineration, INCINERATION (cremation), thats the practice emucentral!  Sorry to see that your constant carping about the DL did not include knowledge of this simple detail. Obviously, in the land of the blind, the one eye is king.

[ Last edited by lobsang at 2006-6-16 10:14 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.