Author: matt605

President Hu's List of Do's and Don'ts for China. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-23 20:56:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by asmanthink at 2006-3-23 14:24
that's enough, amyamy,
don't you know this list of moral teachings only makes sense in chinese characters?

when translated into English, it looks very kindergartenly!

Well, I have not explored enough yet. watch out.

[ Last edited by amyamy at 2006-3-23 09:04 PM ]
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-23 21:01:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by deleted at 2006-3-23 18:03

1. Mao's Thoughts
2. Deng's Theory
3.  Jiang's 3 presentatives
4. Hu's whatsacalled?

I think Hu's new eight commandments is hot. It's just universal values wrapped in a language some think twisted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-23 22:19:18 |Display all floors

material damand VS immaterial damand

Since the policy ,reforming and opening,implemented for almost 3 decades.Many people regale themselves on abundant material . However,in a way,people gradually forget improve their immaterial  culture.If this serious situation develop without supervisal ,the outcome is destructive.The eight Do's and Don'ts are the perfect prescription to the current sitution.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-24 00:19:36 |Display all floors
Makes sense to kindergarteners??

when translated into English, it looks very kindergartenly!

So what does this tell you about Hu's target audience?

Some American became a millionaire writing a book called "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten."  It's now in its 15th edition, and the new book has 25 essays inspired by the original as shown below.  

[ Last edited by matt605 at 2006-3-24 02:20 AM ]
fulghum.jpg
龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-24 10:21:26 |Display all floors
The difference is that some write moral teachings and elaborately expand them into mountains of volumes and become millionaires. And these millionaires are no politicians, at least not of the advanced species.

Some couldn't and needn't and must not. These creatures from the advanced species have an easier job. They just need to cram these 8 honors and 8 shames tenets into the heads of an unthinking population. That's all.

What a dull and tiresome people the Americans must be! They don't know that with a few phrases and one political leader of the advanced species, the Chinese can do all that mountains of work that would take generations of the Americans professional educators to educate their people into a thinking population. We don't need all the trouble. We just need an advanced species and a crammed-up species!

What a dangerous idea of a thinking population....
Opinions are determined by interests, but interests are a matter of opinion.
David Hume

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-24 12:53:54 |Display all floors

how much you know about me to judge I'm brainwashed?

Originally posted by deleted at 2006-3-24 11:59

LOFR!

I'd like to repeat your " vision without action is illusion".  Please let the god's messager do his work, and the president do his management and something else which the pe ...

All of us are "brainwashed" to "Be honest and trustworthy, not profit-mongering at the expense of your values......"
when they were young. These are basic ABC in moral disciplines.

All politicians' advocations to try to control people are bad? I'd like all people are honest and law-abiding.

If the politician says apple is good for health and you tell others don't care what he says, that is brainwashed because you have been told politicians just wanted to control people.

btw the preaching words are for the young generation. Of course, his members can't be changed just for these words.

[ Last edited by amyamy at 2006-3-24 12:56 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-24 14:55:41 |Display all floors
Have I praised or critized Hu's governace concerned this do's and don'ts yet? Am I satisfied of China's government? I've not said a word yet.
I only said it's the ABC, universal values...etc.

I was playing and exploring around with the do's and don't

You haven't read my posted deleted.

It's you who jump to conculsion that I'm brainwashed and like a cheap girl hooked by an old sugar daddy. It'll be wasting time to read your post again.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.