Author: zijuanly

would you like to discuss A DREAM OF RED MANSIONS? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-16 13:44:51 |Display all floors
也许是指宁国府的贾珍吧

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-19 02:41:47 |Display all floors
I did like the story a lot. However, I had a couple of problems--one was that my library had several editions of the book, but none were the same (some were 3-volume sets and some were 5-volume sets, I think), and some were incomplete. When I finished one book, I had to make sure the next one started in the same place and used pinyin for the names instead of Wade-Giles (I started with the pinyin version, so to switch to Wade-Giles would mean relearning everyone's names!). But that wasn't too much of a problem. The other problem was keeping track of everyone. Fortunately, the minor characters don't require too much attention, so you can focus on the main characters. A few times, though, I wanted to get some paper and start drawing a family tree!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-19 04:12:59 |Display all floors
If there are no "puzzles" in the "Dream", how comes that we have so many famous "Red  Dream Scholars"?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-19 16:30:55 |Display all floors

it will be a Good job, Monkey!

Of different versions of the book, I know two: one is called  A Dream of Red Mansions by Yang Hsien-yi and the other is The Story of the Stone by David Hawkes.

The first one by Yang is much better since David added too much of his ideas and a little bit misleading the target readers.
或者升的更高,或者彻底堕落;
或者成就自己,或者毁掉自己。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 17:18:08 |Display all floors

I read Chinese edition,

and have no ability to read english edition, I admire you that you can read it in english
To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 17:18:33 |Display all floors
it's hard for me to understand it exactly even in Chinese
To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.