Author: goahead

why most Chinese prefer boy in China. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-7 15:30:18 |Display all floors
I'm a girl.My grandma prefer  boy.When I was a baby,she would abandoned me.My mother refused and broke off her.I'm lucky.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-7 15:42:38 |Display all floors
I think this kind of thought  has been changed a lot, both in city and village , since most of the parents only  can have one child, thus no matter it is a boy or girl, the parents and even grand parents are all loving their  child so much.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-10 09:42:53 |Display all floors
just coz man is still the main actor of this stage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 15:01:18 |Display all floors
heritage of a family.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 17:03:02 |Display all floors
Carrying down the lineage and also back in the day men were able to help out physically more with the family. This day and age physical labor is not needed much since we are in the age of service and information. It is a golden age for girls because of this equal knowledge footing.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 18:28:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eyeofstorm at 30-5-2006 10:03
Carrying down the lineage and also back in the day men were able to help out physically more with the family. This day and age physical labor is not needed much since we are in the age of service and information. It is a golden age for girls because of this equal knowledge footing.

But many Chinese still have to recognise that. It's a shame there are significant numbers that will do almost anything to have a son, even abort a female fetus.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-30 20:23:07 |Display all floors
i wouldnt buy into all the PC crap. it would be unthinkable for me not to have a son to continue my bloodlines.

if i nail another girfriend, i get a slap on the back and a wink. . Should my sister do the same, she's exposed for a very; how shall we say "non-traditional girl"

i cant comment on rural china, but poilce should be proficient, no reason why physical strength prevails in a civilised society

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.