Author: goahead

why most Chinese prefer boy in China. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-5 15:10:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by afri_simba at 2006-3-16 17:22
If this were the baby of "One Child?" post, is it a baby-boy or baby-girl?
(http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... hlight=one%2Bchild),

Different types of love--daughter's love and wife's love. Wife's love is womanly love, but daughter's love is a child's love.

We should avoid the sort of Lot complex.

[ Last edited by eye2eye at 2006-4-5 03:13 PM ]
http://theology.blog.sohu.com
http://englishview.blog.sohu.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 16:09:47 |Display all floors
If I can have a child, I prefer a girl.
it is nothing more than fostering a talent and cute girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 16:54:49 |Display all floors
A boy is not as complicated as a girl neither. A girl when in the teenage stage can do things much more emotional and drastic than a boy. A boy usually obey the parents when it comes to relationships and such however a girl have a very hard time to decide if her love is extremely overwhelming. Also, I rather let go a son to 'fly out of the nest' than a girl because for a girl...living independently is just something my protective personality cannot deal with (extremely difficult).

Just my take.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 17:46:30 |Display all floors
Some old peoples believe one old saying "raising sons to support one in one’s old age" especially when they are ill

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 23:11:08 |Display all floors
each country has own culture. chinese civilization is one of the oldest in the world .In ancient ,people thought male had the dominant status in the society ,and it was the male who controlled the country. And thesd
concepts come down to us from ancient.so it is very common that most chinese prefer boy than girl.
But now ,the ratio of boys to girls is not balance.The birth percentage of  boys is much larger than girl's.
Unfortunately ,in the future,some boys  can not have girlfriend, then ,female is more favorite than man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 23:26:13 |Display all floors
each country has own culture. chinese civilization is one of the oldest in the world  

And what does it have to show for it? Backwardness like this (amoung other things, but I will save this for a different discussion).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-7 10:42:08 |Display all floors
I don't know why.But it is common that many family prefer to boys rather than girls.In fact,girls usually  are filialer than boys to their parents.Boys are always unfilial.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.