Author: goahead

why most Chinese prefer boy in China. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-16 17:36:00 |Display all floors
"I would have two momen's love at same time- one is my wife and one is my daughter.  Oh!  I would be in a heaven!"

That sounded kind of disturbing the way you worded it haha. Actually if you are able to have a few beautiful daughters, they can easily find a 'sugardaddy' that can provide for both themselves and the parents. *Thinking in rural perspectives*. Being a bit off topic, I know a girl from Chendu that has a 'provider' from Hong Kong, she pretty much is just in it for the money for her family. I have no pity toward those 50+ year old married men with their 'mainland mistressess'. I dont mind them though, they tend to provide nice living places for my 'girlfriends' haha.

Money can't buy love...it hardly rents it wahaha.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-17 20:57:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eyeofstorm at 2006-3-15 12:21
Let's not forget that men carries down the family name while the girl takes in the mans name. Many families tend to look at this as quintessential to pass down the family name.  In most families to ...

I can't agree with you less, eyeofstorm. If one doesn't fully appreciate the meaning of the word " family" implies to Chinese, it's no way surprising that he or she will get confused on the question why Chinese prefer boys, who carries down the family name.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-3 23:00:36 |Display all floors
Now many people have changed their ideas. In cities, girls get married easily but boys do it in harder way--a decent house and a car and a dimond ring and.... Wow, people prefer to have girls now.
http://theology.blog.sohu.com
http://englishview.blog.sohu.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-3 23:25:19 |Display all floors
In a more developed city like where I live now (Nanjing), girls are preffered. There are several practical reasons for this. One of them, oddly enough, is that housing prices have gone through the roof. It is the custom (which I honestly don't agree with) that the husband buys the wifes family a house. In the past it wasn't as big of a problem, but now in places like Nanjing, Shanghai, Beijing, etc,. prices are very high. If the family has a daughter, then they do not need to save for a house.

But also there is a recognition that girls are better than boys in many other things. In Nanjing Foreign Language School, the best middle school in Jiangsu province, most of the time all of the people sent to Qinghua or Beida are girls. Seldom do boys go to those schools. Why? Because girls are better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-4 04:42:42 |Display all floors
In Shanghai, the women outnumber the men. I am not complaining.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-4 06:04:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tillerwoman at 16-3-2006 07:51
In China, the proportion of men to women is 103:100.

It's a bit higher than that on average. But that's across all the age groups - it's worse for the younger generations. Even Xinhua reported that it's around 1.19:1 at birth at the moment.

http://www.china.org.cn/english/features/poverty/153100.htm
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-4 15:17:07 |Display all floors

I can understand

I can understand the opinion in old people's brain,although as a female.we can't deny that they have much power than girls,can let their family feel more security ,parents needn't to worry them too much .esspecially in old China,boy's born simplication that others would put his family in a high status.boy's can help their family do farmwork,let their offspring have the same family name.
in mordern society,there are still a number of people have the same idea.yes,we can't deny that boy's are more energetic ,more enthesuiam,they always loved by more people.the same theory that  male are more easygoing as we can see.
so as a female ,I want to say that we must learn the advantage of male,and take advantage of female's own ,for example ,the good spirit,feminity,considerite.then let our society admit the important status of girls and females.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.