Author: tmphgt

My anti-smoking thread ... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-16 00:41:56 |Display all floors
Yes, thank you otis! Thanks for sharing your story and being so honest! I smoked my share of pot (albeit a tiny girly share).. about half of my life ago....! (yikes!) and some people I knew went on doing it and became just like you described. To this day I know of a few people who are still smoking it, in their 30's going on 40's... STILL smoking it, at least weekends, some daily..... they have no lives though. They're not active at all, they only do the bare necessities of life, go to work, come home, eat, watch TV, sleep, do the same the next day, blah! I know there are people out there who say they can smoke it only once a month for fun, or even less.... hey whatever, if it's only a few times a year I really have nothing bad to say about that if they're responsible about it, but being addicted to where it affects one's life is another story.

I know what otis means by not noticing the smell as much. Growing up with smokers, I didn't notice it until I moved out, and came back into the house later, after months & even a few years went by. I thought "has this house always been like this? I grew up in this house?? How could I not have noticed?"
Now I'm very sensitive to it.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-16 00:52:53 |Display all floors

My hope ....

My hope for otis and other young smokers is that they can find a way to stop whilst they are still young.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-16 03:09:49 |Display all floors

Ok ...

In case smokers think I am evil and heartless, I would like to offer some fun for this thread too ...
haha.jpg
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-16 03:12:21 |Display all floors

Now ...

If you give up otis, I will buy you a pack of these
popeye-cigarettes.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-16 10:07:58 |Display all floors

I like the smoke

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-16 12:11:17 |Display all floors
For those smokers, the effective methods or medicine which can help smoke-quitting will be more welcomed.      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-16 17:36:15 |Display all floors

Sorry fluffy ....

Originally posted by xiao-meow at 16-3-2006 02:07 AM
I smoke the cigarette and it feels like my friend every day..

We can go away for 5 minutes and get away from all idiots for relaxation...and you continue to be idiot is no worry for us...

This is a non-smoking thread

I could say that smoking is for idiots ... but that would not help the purpose of this thread. Fine, you are addicted to something which may kill you, or wreck your skin, or wreck your teeth, and make you smell bad ... Is this a good thing? Is this a clever thing?

Who is "us" by the way? Are there more than one of you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.