Author: hearthome

..........friends....... share with all of you....... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-17 16:18:49 |Display all floors
That's a beautiful poem I think but I don't like that!

What 's a friend? Friend is the person who you like to share everything with .

That's enough.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-17 23:10:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by winddancer at 2006-3-17 16:18
That's a beautiful poem I think but I don't like that!

What 's a friend? Friend is the person who you like to share everything with .

That's enough.

Do you have any friends who can share everything with?       I don't think one can share everything with another.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-18 04:26:24 |Display all floors
"who have you known that forgiveness is more powerful than punishment?"

My friend and I learned that together. We were friends since childhood, as little girls. Sometimes we fought, but by high school we were like sisters. We imagined the future, being little old ladies together, drinking tea on the porch. Then she did something horrible, something that hurt me like nothing else had ever hurt me. I stopped talking to her, and we didn't speak for 10 years. The last I saw her, her daughter was 2 yrs old. I thought about her many times over the years, always wondered how she was, I heard she had two more children, I always wished I could know what she was like.

SO..... I finally wrote her a letter. It went to an old address, but found its way to her, and she emailed me back. Each email was like a hug!  We talked EVERY DAY for a few months through email, telling about each other's lives. She visited with her 3 children a few months later (she lives far away now). They slept all over my living room & son's room, for 2 nights and 3 days. Now it is about 2-3 yrs later, and we are like good old friends again. Living far keeps us from seeing each other much, but we are constantly sending pictures of our lives, our children, and we have talked like sisters about personal problems.

So...... forgiveness can be a wonderful thing. Maybe it doesn't always work out like my story, but you must at least forgive FOR YOURSELF, so you don't carry around anger in your heart. Even if you never talk to the person again, YOU WILL KNOW how you feel. They may have no clue, maybe they won't even care, but it's really not about them, it's about YOU. Holding bad feelings in yourself WILL HURT YOU in the long run.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-18 21:29:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-3-18 04:26
"who have you known that forgiveness is more powerful than punishment?"

My friend and I learned that together. We were friends since childhood, as little girls. Sometimes we fought, bu ...

Thank you so much for sharing the "forgiveness " story. You are right  "forgiveness is more powerful than punishment'.  But not always we can easily forgive a person who was betrail to you. I had a good friend, but she hurt me a lot several years ago.  Then the friendship ended. But i still care about her. This Jan, i bought two books for her and sent a gift and my best regards to her.  But no responese till now. I am still waiting ...... but at least i " forgave " myself as you said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-18 22:52:12 |Display all floors

Forgiving is a great, loving, regilous experience.

Originally posted by hearthome at 2006-3-18 21:29

Thank you so much for sharing the "forgiveness " story. You are right  "forgiveness is more powerful than punishment'.  But not always we can easily forgive a person who was be ...

It takes two to complete the perfect circle....the wise and courageous individual always take the lead in forgiving.:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.