Author: murrayma

Are there anybody who are engaged in aviation system here? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-6 11:03:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hearthome at 2006-3-6 10:53
Hi, pilot,

May i ask some silly questions?
1. Do the planes have an automatic driving system so that you may sleep while you are driving ?
2. Do all the pilots communicate with the underground ...

Yes.All you questions are positive.We do use the autopilot system during the cruising phase.That can help us save energy,so that when something unusual happens,we can have enough energy to handle it.
The second of your questions is about the sky talk,or the communication,we should keep contact with the ATC all the time when we are flying,they give us navigation information,etc.
We also have professional Alphabet for communication,because the English from different mouth can vary seriously,in order to decrease the rate of mistake,we have a strict standard professional English request.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 11:07:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by murrayma at 2006-3-6 11:03

Yes.All you questions are positive.We do use the autopilot system during the cruising phase.That can help us save energy,so that when something unusual happens,we can have enough energy to handle ...

What about driving in their own countries ? For instance, if you are driving in China, do you use English or Chinese in your sky talk?  Thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 11:12:46 |Display all floors
English is the common language in the aviation organization.But for now,in different counties,they prefer to use their local languages.And Chinse aviation language is also transforming,for some airway,we can only use English,in a few years,I guess,all of us have to use English as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 11:17:12 |Display all floors
Would you please give some examples of  such a "standard professional aviation English " ?

Just some commone ones.   Tons of thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 11:59:39 |Display all floors
I just want to collect some information about this kind of English.          million thanks!:

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 12:14:50 |Display all floors

my questions to murrayma

A.  a pilot can use the cyclic stick to control the movement of an aircraft, taxiing on the runway, taking off , climbing to a desired height and level on, haha, as you said , now you can switch on autopilot system to build a hand-off flying,,i guess you pilots wont slip this golden chance to call that most beautiful stewardess into your cocpit for a nice chat,hahahaha, it is none of my business next (just joking)......now my question is how that magic cyclic stick is able to complete all these tasks, especially lifting the aircraft ....

B. What dit it impress you most on your first training flight in USA? did your training instructor use a stick to hit your fingers when you mispush any of the buttons on the control pannal or instrument panal ? did he shout at you when you forgot the procedures in your checklist ,for instnce, something about the preflight, in flight, etc...

C. Will it be allowed on Boeing 737 to continu using  autopilot system when the aircraft get in final approach ? or you have to build the gliding slop by thumbs?

thanks in advance

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 12:55:40 |Display all floors
Haha.Your joke is really funny,sure,we can call them in, and chit chating with them,but not very often,it's our profession,we can't disrespect it.We are clear in our mind what we are doing,how severe it would be if we are careless.The control wheel in Boeing aircraft is different from the airbus,it's a wheel,in airbus it's a stick,but the principle is similar.when we pull or push it,there's a connecting line driving the control panel on both the wing and the tail.The stabilizer of the tail controls the up and down of the nose, and the aileron on the wingcontrols the direction to fly.
Yes,as the chinese teaher,the American instructors were very strict with us as well.Sometimes if we couldn't do well,they yelled at us,but not very often,and the seldom hit us either.For me,I just met once,that day the weather was very bad,and we were approaching in a mountain area,it's very dangerous,I was scared about the thunderstorms and lighting everywhere.My instructor knocked my head to ask me to pay attention to the instument.Generally speaking,they are all very professional and gentleman.
The third question,in the modern big aircraft the manufacture installed the autopilot that can land the aircraft by itself in the condition of the proper airport facilities.But,by now,it's still not very reliable,there are so many lives in the cabin,it is taking risk to land the aircraft by machine,so when we turn into the final approach phase,we will take it over to control and land the aircraft.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.