Author: yuzhouyuzhou

the comparison of different races [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-6 09:58:49 |Display all floors
Ok, we obviously have physical differences, I don't think anyone can deny that, and Otis, I was just going to say (before I read your last post) that it possibly (probably?) extends to the brain as well. Perhaps our brains are different physically, that would be a way we could be different mentally. But as for being good at science or math or with words or with art ... I really think that if there ARE differences, they can definitely be overcome or changed due to environment.

Well, what about me? My mother was good at drawing. I'm also good at drawing, but why? And how will we ever know why? Are talents inherited, are we born with them? If so, do we get them according to race or just randomly? There are artists in every culture, mathematically inclined people in every culture..... I don't know the answer, that's just where my thoughts are going.

Am I good at art because I inherited some genetic trait from my mother or because I wanted to be like her when I was little, so I believed I was good at it and I practiced more than other kids? Or both?

In another thread I posted a bit about how we are all born with more genetic possibilites than actually show up. We have genes that can be "turned on & off" depending on outside factors. So if I never knew my mother was an artist and no one ever gave me crayons, I might draw pitifully today. Yet, someone without this artistic tendency could still get really good at drawing if they practice, take classes, etc.

Free art lessons at my house! Who's coming?
We can work on turning on those genes! (ha! Ok, I'm ready for the comebacks!)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 10:47:10 |Display all floors
Maybe it is because you are wrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 11:11:22 |Display all floors

Today, I am a straight forward, one -track-mind thinker

Originally posted by yuzhouyuzhou at 2006-3-6 05:36
i think white people are good at science, because they focus on researching. asian people are good at humane concern.  why there is no people who are really nice and wise

I am following the original poster's genetic(race) line of logic...I conclude that base on his/her model....if we mix the white people and the Asian people genetically, we will be able to get a race that is nice and wise....it might not make any scientific sense but logically am I not right?...please post your comment, am I right or wrong?

X =white = wise
Y = Asian = nice
X+Y =White+Asian =Wise+Nice
X+Y = Z
Z = Wise+Nice:)

[ Last edited by thunderbird at 2006-3-6 11:12 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 11:35:51 |Display all floors

mixing white and asian people

Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-3-6 11:11

I am following the original poster's genetic(race) line of logic...I conclude that base on his/her model....if we mix the white people and the Asian people genetically, we will be able  ...

is that what your new avatar represents? fork and chop sticks?:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 12:14:16 |Display all floors

let's do it

Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 13:05:48 |Display all floors

The difference races?

But why you only mentioned "asian" and "white"...besides it should be yellow and white, Asian and Caucasian...yellow race...generally the difference's most east asians are shorter and slightly built...but personality has nothing to do with race, but (perhaps) culture and family background
Like people say Germans are rigid, careful and canny, but several Germans I know are quite straight out, romantic and enthusiastic.
There's only physical difference of different races. Perhaps whole national characteristics, but no personality difference between individuals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 13:09:25 |Display all floors
I'm already wise and nice. But if it will help the human race, you can count me in.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.