Author: freakyqi

Everything About.... Freakyqi [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-8 04:42:55 |Display all floors

Freakyqi, Moving to China?

I kinow from your pictures that you have had at least one trip to China.  I also seem to remember you saying that you are moving to China this fall.  Could you tell more about that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 08:15:10 |Display all floors

Gee you gutsy...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 08:36:52 |Display all floors

diogenes' question - moving to china?

Yes, I want to live in China for about a year, or if my son & I both like it, maybe stay for two years for the Olympics. That might be interesting. Or very annoying.

I did a couple mild job searches just to see what to expect, and I just finished updating my resume (CV). Now I will start looking for a job more seriously, most likely teaching English, most likely in Beijing. I will bring my son with me of course, and he's really looking forward to it. My biggest problem negotiating for a job might be getting a 2-bedroom apartment. My son is a teenager, so sharing a bedroom would not be ideal! I will also have to plan on buying some expensive food - he's a little bit picky about food here, though he's getting better, so to help him feel a little better in a foreign country I'm sure I'll be buying over-priced cheese, etc, and springing for Pizza Hut on occasion!

He also wants to bring his new bike!!!! It's his baby.... he found a "bike bag" online, and if you take the bike apart and put it in a box, then in this bag (or maybe even just a box?) It can count as a piece of luggage. SO...... I will either tell him that it can be his second piece of luggage and he must fit everything else he wants into ONE bag, or find out how much it costs to bring one extra piece of luggage. I also worry about him parking it in public places. What types of bikes get stolen? Is it common? He will gladly store it in the house, that's what he does now, he carries it into his bedroom every day and cleans it. (I told you it's his baby!)

Any other questions about me moving to China?  :)

Any other questions about anything else?  :)

I am preparing more pictures to post... I'm adding the faces like alex did.... maybe another day or so, I'll be busy tomorrow.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 08:54:38 |Display all floors

How tall are you?

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 08:54:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-3-8 00:11

I think that you may mean princess?

Yeah, you know what i mean.   a cute princess freakyqi

[ Last edited by hearthome at 2006-3-8 08:57 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 08:59:28 |Display all floors
Why is your name so difficult to spell?  Everytime i typed your name, i missed the letter" ...y..."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 10:26:23 |Display all floors

Reply #38 freakyqi's post

About Bikes, for safety, foldable bikes are best in China for it can be carried INTO the office or home. If i read the luggage thing!

Cheers, hope things comes easy for you.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.