Views: 8761|Replies: 27

White people cannot eat MSG [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-3 14:06:45 |Display all floors
Do you know that white people cannot eat SMG. If they eat they bone will become fragile and then broke.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 14:27:59 |Display all floors
Strange, considering that MSG is one of 20 essential amino acids... we all need it (although the body usually makes it itself).

No, fact is that people unused to the Chinese cuisine may have nauseas and stomach problems when eating some Chinese food with lots of MSG *on empty stomach*. This is called the "Chinese restaurant syndrome". It is harmless, but not pleasant.

Whenever I want to lose some weight, I try to eat some pre-packaged noodles. Evidently they contain a lot of MSG, because my tummy doesn't like it. Nowadays, I just eat fruit instead. No more paomian for me.

I don't think it is a "white" issue, since we are talking essential amino acids here. Rather, it is something that strikes people who have not grown up with MSG flavored food. Huaqiao would in all likelihood also contract nauseas from eating it.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 14:34:17 |Display all floors

what does MSG

If winter comes,can spring be far behind?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 14:34:43 |Display all floors

what does MSG mean?

If winter comes,can spring be far behind?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 14:57:56 |Display all floors
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 23:58:22 |Display all floors
We can just it reacts with certain people, like one of my friends...not me thank god

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-4 19:20:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dragonball69 at 2006-3-3 14:06
Do you know that white people cannot eat SMG. If they eat they bone will become fragile and then broke.  

This is not true... I'm from the UK and my family own sevral chiena take aways there, and we use MSG in our food. It's commen knowledge that "british" chinese take aways and resturants use MSG in the UK.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.