Author: yuxyoo

what 's happened with our college students? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-10 20:45:53 |Display all floors

they are very foolish !

i think people like that is very foolish and self-serving .the road in the life is very long ,everything can begin again .when they took their owe life ,did they  think their parent ,how their parent think when hear their death,they foster them for so many years how can they do that

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-10 20:50:04 |Display all floors
in a phase of senselessness and depression, i cann't image, the guys would think about their parents and other things...just wanna escape the situation..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-11 21:54:41 |Display all floors
As the over-used but oh so true saying goes: "Suicide is the PERMANENT solution to a TEMPORARY problem."  I still feel that China's educators *mainly the conservative ones* still favors IQ over EQ. Everything seems to be so systematic and clinical with no chance for improvision. It's very funny and ironic how China is now stepping up to promote Innovation when its society has so little tolerance for failure. Experience is the greatest teacher of all and the Chinese students needs to break out of the barrier of 'perfection'. Let's face it, none of us are perfect so why does this society still carry itself with this transparent unrealistic approach? *thus imitation has always been promoted in this society*. Also, the students in this country have hardly any excess time to gain any sort of hobby which they may craft or polish to perfection. Many of these hobbies do entail to larger things such as the accidental invention of something that society of today just might need. The problem lies with time which the students in China absolutely do not have the luxury of. With more time, relationships can be formed, parties, creative / critical thinking, hobbies, potential innovation and all of the fundamental things in which we westernized ones all have implemented in our lives.

[ Last edited by eyeofstorm at 2006-3-11 09:56 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-11 22:13:43 |Display all floors
they are just having too much spare time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-11 22:33:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yuxyoo at 2006-3-2 16:57
Recently there were so many reports about student suicides .what's happened with our Chinese undergranduates and granduates? A senior jumped from the top of their dormitory,just for he was failed i ...

the competition in this society is become more and more fierce. it is acceptable that someone that are not strong enough should be cleaned away from the game.
i think high-grade education is ready for the talents, but at this time the college gates are open to almost everyone. it is certainlly that some person can't afford such kind of life.
i think maybe our government make the big mistake, it should be the college, not government, to decide how many students they can accept. but in our country, colleges don't have the right to decide it, they are totally under the control of government.
the official in the government are all stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-11 23:55:05 |Display all floors
In my opinion ,or i can say on my own experience of studying in school, education systems in many school are not well established. They can't offer a suitable study atomsphere to students,or have an impractical course structure. Many students i met complaints that they can't learn useful knowledge in school .When we go to face society ,we can't even find a job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-12 09:29:12 |Display all floors
Wait, wait, corner... they have too MUCH spare time? How did you come to that conclusion? Spare time means you can relax and do as you please, it doesn't (usually) mean you get stressed and kill yourself.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.