Views: 50094|Replies: 169

what 's happened with our college students? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-2 16:57:28 |Display all floors
Recently there were so many reports about student suicides .what's happened with our Chinese undergranduates and granduates? A senior jumped from the top of their dormitory,just for he was failed in the cet-4. Even there were four suicide accidents within 10 days in South China agriculture Uiversity .The life is inbaluable, We have received 4 or more years of  well educated, I wondered  what's happened with our college students.
   Some people suggest that more course promoting the healthy psychological growth of students should be set up in high schools. They believe that such course will help the students in their future careers.
    I think it is time we must do something on this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 20:41:16 |Display all floors
Education is something difficult.
Things like this cann't be avoided.
I guess the right second he jumped he known that he made a wrong decision.
Psychologically illness is ordinary amony Chinese students. Not only college students, in the past, a lot of elementary school students are reported to commit suicides because of the heavy pressure of homework.
Damn it !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 23:09:08 |Display all floors
Chinese college students really need to get laid... I watch these kids on campus, and all they do is go to class, play basket ball and perhaps fooling around with the opposite sex on the football field in the cover of darkness.

Things like these CAN be avoided. Here's the plan:

1. Have the dormitories off campus.
2. Let the dormitories be uni-sex
3. Don't guard the dormitories (other than night watch looking for criminals, NOT spying on the students)
4. Don't teach Marxist economy and other useless things; only teach relevant and scientifically sound stuff
5. Make sure the students can have fun; let student unions arrange parties and have bars and cafés
6. Make sure the students have a sufficient social life, and are not over-burdened with studies. NO employer wants students who know nothing about life

It would probably also help if the future of the country (the students) would have uncrippled access to the information highways. If I were a student in China, putting my strenuous effort into writing a mid-term paper, and being cut off everytime I search for information on Google and Wikipedia, yeah, then I would also fucqing kill myself...
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 00:02:24 |Display all floors
I really can't understand why they would do that,how they could end their lifes so easily.
Everything will begone as long as we are still alive.
Hardship is temporary.We have a saying:"Poverty won't last for three generations",that means some day we will enjoy a great future.
I believe that no matter what happens to me, I won't choose to end my life .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 01:28:22 |Display all floors
Amen, liangzai! The social and extracurricular activities we American college kids enjoy are nowhere to be found in China... not only that, but most of them are only children whose parents are pressuring them to be the BEST so they can be successful in life and the parents can live comfortably when they're older... ugh, what an awful life!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 09:12:52 |Display all floors
Not only like that, primary school students, middle school, high school---all the way of the studying it's full of pressure, now as I know, even in some kindergarten the kids are under pressure--their parents bring them to learn math, foreign language, acqierement---not for perfecting one's personal quality, but for future study.
Suicide and manslaughter happened in my cities, too. Recently a boy killed his gf cause she wanted to leave him. It's another kind of extreme.
Well, but the college life, it has nothing to do with ideology, if you learn Marxism or not (usually those ideological politics are most unpopular courses), it's the totally utilitarian abnormal education system that causes, people judge you by a piece of paper, scores, if you get certificates--they don't care how you get it, they don't care if you have public morals or not, if you are talented or not(I didn't mean the stupid classes, but your talent)  

Too many students plagiarize paper, that even if you write one out of your own effort, no one would notice it. Too many students became utilitarian and learn for "useful", that if you publicize your ideas to them, like your promoting traditional culture and such, firstly they'll ask "What could I benefit? Anything I can learn for my future career?" Too many students be led by the nose by scores, reference keys, that lack of imagination, lack of their own thoughts, that when you wish you could get together, discuss and talk about something creative, work out ideas, the silence could kill you.

Some students can't enjoy the purest fun, can't calm down listen to you, they always seem in a hurry, running for study, career; some students lead a degraded life---playing games all day, casual sex, the irresponsible boys(they're not mature enought to be called men) , lack of  public morals, know nothing of the common knowledge, or knowledges that not written on the textbook.
Some students lead a utilitarian life, only those things that could do them a favor in the future is good, like learning English.
That's not college, that's just a bigger high school--when students straining  after university entrance exam.
And I absolutely agree with this
---Don't guard the dormitories (other than night watch looking for criminals, NOT spying on the students)---they treat you like kids, sometimes they'll even came to your dorm to check if your dorm's clean, if there's any deregulation...eek, and you can do nothing to oppose them.

But anyway, if you know what to do, you can enjoy yourself despite those annoying rules and things. You could make a change if you're eager to---there're students who could really perfect themselves as well as enjoying, though that's normal college life I assumed, but in this situation they became exceptions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 09:55:51 |Display all floors

That's law of nature.

They can not get through difficulties and overcome pressures. They choose to escape. Death may be the best ending for them, for there will be more sufferings waiting ahead.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.