Author: matt605

Saddam's trial prosecutors say he killed 148, not 148,000. Just 148. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-5 11:39:50 |Display all floors
The USA has done itself great harm through the invasion of Iraq.  America is a radicalizing influence in the MIddle East

By the way, I agree with this statement. It's hardly suprising that 'hardliner' governments are springing up all over the M.E. The people are afraid. Who can blame them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-5 20:34:07 |Display all floors

Reply #22 jonathan85's post

I have said for months in this forum:

Oil was a" fringe benefit" the main reason for the attack on Iraq
was because supporters of Israel in the White House  conned
Bush into it.

Sure oil was a "partial" reason, 95% Israel 5% oil.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-5 21:02:37 |Display all floors
Yes Chris, we know you think the US invaded Iraq because Israel told it to. You have said so many many many (you get the idea...) times before.

What you are still yet to do is:

a) Prove it

b) Provide sensible reasoning as to WHY this may have occured

I'm all ears.

P.S: Where did you get your 95% Israel / 5% oil reasoning from anyway? Did you just 'make it up' ? If this is the case, I'm truly shocked - you are usually a perfectly reliable source

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 00:26:15 |Display all floors

Reply #24 jonathan85's post

Where did you get your 95% Israel / 5% oil reasoning from anyway? Did you just 'make it up'

Yes I made it up, but my judgement is the war was mainly Israel and
oil was used as a carrot  for Israel's agent G W Bush

Donkeys like carrots

[ Last edited by christopher_104 at 2006-3-6 12:27 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 05:43:06 |Display all floors
Oil was not the primary objective?

I've heard about the oil motive and the Isreal motive, but I haven't heard about the Saudi Arabia motive.

Matt: I dont buy any of the 'official' reasons why the Americans went in. Obviously neither do you. I think the Iraq war has more to do with the Saudis than meets the eye. Iraq shares a border with Saudi Arabia, as well as Kuwait and Iran. Having bases in Iraq is a great way for the Americans to keep their 'allies' in line.

I think the 'appropriation' of Iraqi oil was only a secondary objective.

So the invasion of Iraq was about internal Saudi politics?  America had to put a lot of hardware and boots near the Saudi capital of Riyahd just in case their government became unstable?  Maybe so.  The American presence has polarized the region and pushed a huge number of people into the actively hostile anti-American camp.  But it has also made others choose sides with America too, instead of sitting on the fence.

According to that theory, someone in Washington believes that America can survive with more enemies, but cannot survive without a few more friends, so polarizing the region serves America's economic, political, and military interests.  

It's a viewpoint I hadn't considered, and I'm always interested to read new and interesting viewpoints.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 09:23:30 |Display all floors
Chris: No proof. No motivation.

Therefore - no response.

Matt: I don't believe the US can ever hope to have any 'true' friends in the reigon. Especially from those nations that happen to be sitting upon a massive cache of oil. I believe the current administration is working under the same philosophy as the Roman emperor Caligula:

Let them hate us, as long as they fear us.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-6 23:28:32 |Display all floors

Reply #27 jonathan85's post

No Israel = No attack on Iraq

Ask the 30+ Zionist Americans who advise GW Donkey  
Oh of course they will say it was about a few Kurds,
Perhaps they will lie, do Zionist Americans lie...?  

In reality it was about a few skuds and a few payments
to the families of suicide bombers

[ Last edited by christopher_104 at 2006-3-6 11:31 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.