Author: tonatoyang

how about a chinese guy has a foreign GF? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-2 01:37:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by devilman at 2006-3-1 20:42
I think maybe the word "inferior" is not acceptable but less update and fashion conscious? Look at it this way, if your fashionable in dress sense then you must be ahead in culture and education too, right? You look like you've seen most of the big cities in the world. Why pick someone like me who hasn't and don't have the privileges to travel abroad.  

What does traveling abroad have to do with dating?
I mean, most people in the U.S. never traveled abroad (canada isn't really abroad ); that doesn't mean people all of a sudden stopped dating because of that.

Anyhow, fashion is easy, go get a GQ magazine and just follow simple instructions.

[ Last edited by observer3 at 2006-3-2 01:41 AM ]
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 01:40:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by superkylin at 2006-3-1 20:30

Will girls be interested in guys who consider themselves inferior? That's terrible...as bad as arrogance...or even worse

well said.
Seems like girls of all backgrounds have this one thing in common, they like guys who're confident. poor self-image and other assorted inferiority complexes are a dead give away.
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 07:44:59 |Display all floors

freakyqi

you took to long to answer seriously...now  i've lost track of my thoughts
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 08:31:14 |Display all floors

RE:Oserver3

"With that mind frame, No wonder it doesn't work.
Is that a brit thing? Sounds like it is."

I'm not sure maybe it is, Brits are a little too conservative compared to Americans.

"I still remember this dude, he's either souther Chinese or Phillipino (or both?), I forgot. Anyway, great guy, great partyer. But the guy's runt; he's thin and short, not exactly bodybulder/model type, but he somehow managed to get an endless supply of girls.  "

This is one random Asian guy. It's like one of those films you see; Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. An exception to say the least with regards to popularity, I would love to do a questionnaire on dating and their daily life for all Asians living or studying in America, Australia, Canada and Britain. Wonder what the majority of results show?

"What does traveling abroad have to do with dating?
I mean, most people in the U.S. never traveled abroad (Canada isn't really abroad ); that doesn't mean people all of a sudden stopped dating because of that."

That shows how you don't understand the culture here in China. We are very lucky, we grew up in a mixed culture society and are lucky enough to make friends from another country or cultural background. Even when I am round Shenzhen I mostly see Chinese faces, I don't see "foreigners much. And when I do, they usually are tourists. Now I'm not going to ask a tourist out for a date right? I mean I can go to clubs, bars and the places where foreigners go, right? but it just isn't my style.

"Anyhow, fashion is easy, go get a GQ magazine and just follow simple instructions."

I didn't know you could get a GQ magazine in your local newsstands in China! Where have I been?!!

[ Last edited by devilman at 2006-3-2 08:39 AM ]
"I dream, therefore I exist"
http://www.modelminority.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 08:39:18 |Display all floors

RE:freakyqi

"particularly fancy Chinese blokes"....  I have heard this before in school and college. You will get laughed at. Chinese men don't seem to be the popular choice. If you admit to it, you will get singled out or laughed at. A gentle version of genocide.

I remember a from girl school said this about me in front of her friends - "(my name) is mysteriously sexy" the only response she got was laughter and thought that she was joking. After that she didn't dare talk to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 08:54:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by devilman at 2006-3-1 20:42
I think maybe the word "inferior" is not acceptable but less update and fashion conscious? Look at it this way, if your fashionable in dress sense then you must be ahead in culture and ed ...

Depends on how you define " fashionable"...a guy who led by the nose by current fashion or trend do not have a mind of his own, see some guys, wearing all "famous brand" from top to toe ...even to teeth, even show off to others  ...dandy and shallow...there's no so-called "update and outdate" as for a person--- these words exist only in those flowery but empty fanshion magazine or news paper, for an individual there's only different fashion---only different aesthetic taste

[ Last edited by superkylin at 2006-3-2 08:57 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 09:31:47 |Display all floors

RE:Superkylin

Ah I see what you are trying to get at now. Have you noticed in Western countries that individual taste and being different is more "fashionable"? Can't really debate about fashion here as everyone has different kind of views and taste in fashion.

"wearing all "famous brand" from top to toe ...even to teeth, even show off to others  ...dandy and shallow"

Obviously I wasn't referring to that kind of fashion, now that would be dandy and shallow! Tasteless way to show off personal status.

"only different aesthetic taste"

This is a developing country and is still catching on. I go to Dong Men in Shenzhen and they all have crazy punk hair and tight jeans with a strong direction towards punk fashion. In their eyes, that’s fashionable. Is it to you?  To me fashion is about personality and attitude. I have quite a few native Chinese friends here in China and they do feel that Foreigners have more choice of fashion.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.