Author: tonatoyang

how about a chinese guy has a foreign GF? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-1 11:58:52 |Display all floors
I wanna enjoy the sunshine and beach hand in hand with you forever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-1 16:44:49 |Display all floors

freakyqi

i don't get it...my plan was to with a series of questions prove that your theory that a large male to female ratio gives you a better chance at a relationship, is a shit theory...but now i don't know where you're going...so just answer my questions seriously...because they are serious questions aimed for a serious conclusion
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-1 20:16:02 |Display all floors

Lucky? nah, just not the same as being in China.

(gonna sound like I'm showing off and the guys are gonna hate me!) I've dated about three "foreign"  girls before(do you guys mean white?) I'm also Chinese by the way. None of them really lasted over the three month period, just a culture difference, maybe? I had to hide from my parents all the time that I dated a WF and especially I am a AM which is not good in public view.

The difficulties with Foreign females meeting Asian guys are too many too count. I try to list a few from my POV and experiences. People can add to this! Please no lame comments!

(Not necessarily in this order or maybe, ha!)
1. Language barrier

2. Size (okay, keep laughing! And NO LMAO! I am not referring to the human anatomy! Just the height and body size compared to foreigners and native SOUTHERN Chinese (actually northern Chinese are generally bigger and taller).

3. Cultural differences - This also includes religion and small personal habits. Especially the conflict of family communication and disapproval from both sides.

4. Being with a foreign female is like a dream or fantasy and doesn't seem to be real and usually AM don't know how to act in this "a million to one" relationship.

5. White Male/Asian Female Dating Phenomenon - its no phenomenon at all, media can sell anything. Asian males are not as fashionable as Asian females, YET. LOL.

6. While the Asian females date "white" guys they feel guilty and bad mouth us Asian guys! GRRR (not saying everyone so don't hunt me down!). And usually these Asian females just don't want us around.

7. In the UK most Asian females that date WM seem to be under average (sorry) and it seems ok with us AM. The AM that I've seen with WM are really good looking for some reason

8. Asian males are not as assertive as our foreign male friends.

9. Fashion maybe a point too; as a whole, China is not as fashionably update (especially the AM) so we are inferior, oh...

10. Didn't want to comment on this area, but it has to be said! Psychologically Chinese males believe that foreigners do have bigger penises (which WM always gloat about) so we feel insecure and don't want our male egos' to be attacked.

I leave it there, a nice ten. Sorry if I offended anyone. Don't take it personally and if your unhappy, just PM me and not attack me in public thanks.
"I dream, therefore I exist"
http://www.modelminority.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-1 20:30:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by devilman at 2006-3-1 20:16
9. Fashion maybe a point too; as a whole, China is not as fashionably update (especially the AM) so we are inferior, oh...

Will girls be interested in guys who consider themselves inferior? That's terrible...as bad as arrogance...or even worse

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-1 20:42:36 |Display all floors
I think maybe the word "inferior" is not acceptable but less update and fashion conscious? Look at it this way, if your fashionable in dress sense then you must be ahead in culture and education too, right? You look like you've seen most of the big cities in the world. Why pick someone like me who hasn't and don't have the privileges to travel abroad.
"I dream, therefore I exist"
http://www.modelminority.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 00:48:08 |Display all floors
devilman-
Thanks for your honesty, as a white female I appreciate hearing your experiences.

alex-
Ok, sorry, I'll seriously answer whatever you want me to. First of all, I don't seriously believe I'd have a better chance at finding TRUE LOVE in China because of the ratio difference. I might like the first man I meet, or I might not like any out of 1000 I meet. I don't like statistics very much, and I'm not good at them. Here's my version of the  chances of winning the lottery: I have a 50% chance. Either my ticket will win, or it won't! Haha.... I know that's silly, but it really represents how I think.

As for whether I "particularly fancy Chinese blokes".... I would consider dating Chinese men as much as any other kind. Speaking just about looks, I have seen beautiful men of all races: asian, white, black, hispanic, native american, etc. So I really don't think I'm biased there. And I've dated men other than white, though not asian.

So what else would you like to know? I'll be serious & honest.
:)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 01:32:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by devilman at 2006-3-1 20:16
Being with a foreign female is like a dream or fantasy and doesn't seem to be real and usually AM don't know how to act in this "a million to one" relationship.

With that mind frame, No wonder it doesn't work.
Is that a brit thing? Sounds like it is.
I don't notice most of the problems you mentioned here in the U.S.
I used to live in the dorms on an Air Force base; interracial dating is the rule rather than the exception.
There aren't that many Asia guys there but they never seemed to have trouble with girls -- ANY girls, regardless of ethnicity.
I still remember this dude, he's either souther Chinese or Phillipino (or both?), I forgot. Anyway, great guy, great partyer. But the guy's runt; he's thin and short, not exactly bodybulder/model type, but he somehow managed to get an endless supply of girls.
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.