Views: 5141|Replies: 4

Study accounting and financial abroad [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-24 21:21:14 |Display all floors
Hi, all. My name is Cynthia, working in Shenzhen now.

I plan to study master of accounting and financial in abroad(Australia, Canada or US).

Any one who will also go to Australia? or want to study accounting and financial abroad? Please leave your message here and my msn is Cynthia_zzy@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-25 13:46:33 |Display all floors

Smart Money

Accounting is so difficult.  See if you can find an accounting book with a diagram similar to the one above.  I have two accounting books now.  They talk about cash flow but neither has a diagram showing cash flow.  

One thing I like to emphasize is depreciation.  Think about how rapidly computers depreciate.  Buy a new machine for $2000 and in two years it is worth $500.  Where did that $1500 go?  If you financed that purchase then you payed interest on the depreciation.  Your net worth went down and you have nothing to show for the hours you worked to pay for that machine.  This is why used computers are such a good deal.  There is very little that you can do with a new 3 gigahertz machine that you cannot do with a used 1.5 gigahertz machine, except play some games.  

Financial institutions depend on consumers being dumb and not knowing accounting.

http://www.bsu.edu/news/article/0,1370,-1019-11714,00.html

http://booksliterature.com/showt ... 74160ce77&t=236

psikeyhackr
Kill an economist for KKK
Karl, Kenneth & Keynes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-25 18:39:21 |Display all floors
For ppl studying accounting, their career will start as a CPA

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 09:07:05 |Display all floors

Accounting is Really boring

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-5 16:53:24 |Display all floors

Everything?

Economics is the study of everything and is much more interesting.

Economists talk about and write about the work other people do.  They don't do much themselves.  They don't talk about how much consumers lose on depreciation of the things they buy.  How much does a $2000 computer lose in depreciation in the 1st year?  Isn't that some of the everything that economists should study?

psikeyhackr
Kill an economist for KKK
Karl, Kenneth & Keynes

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.