Author: tonyabc

The US in my mind [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-8 12:04:59 |Display all floors

Respect , both ways, is needed.

Thank you tonyabc for inviting people to state their views on the US of A.

Everyone everywhere on earth is affected by the actions of the USA because of her power and clout. She is the richest and most influencial nation on earth, bar none. As they say " If America sneezes, everyone catches a cold ". So how has she used her financial and military muscles then ?

I feel that the USA has missed using her powerful base to earn respect and trust from the rest of the world, especially over the past 60 years , since the end of the WWII. She has unfortunately utilised  " strong power " instead of " soft power " in dealing with nations around the globe. She has slipped into the self imposed ' global policeman ' role and has stepped on more toes than she cares to admit. The strong arms tactics in chosing governments or re-shaping trade and commercial plans for others often have degenerated into human rights violation scenario. Thus the more the US tries the more resistence she experience. There is very little trust and respect left in the world towards the US. Some nations may, or need , to tow the line inspite of themselves because of trade and economic pressure, but most are not willing partners.

The US can still turn this around if her attitude undergoes a complete make-over. There are a lot of folks who would like to be friends but do not care for the  threats and hazzle which come with dealing with the US. If she does not change , and change soon, her place can be taken over by others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-11 10:52:54 |Display all floors

Your are a phoney Meng

You would have China take over today if she could. You want China to be #1 instead of the
USA....let's at first admit this.

Meng - "She has slipped into the self imposed ' global policeman "

From what I have seen of China so far, really scares me if China were ever to become
THE leader of the world.

We the people of the world have witnessed China's foreign policy..
"Hear not evil, see not evil...and if we get what we want...we will speak of no evil".

We have seen the Chinese government in action around the world. They choose a group
in that country and arm them to defend what China wants, needs and takes. The total
lack of "humanity" to me is appalling.

I say this not to get a rise from the Chinese Zionists but it is what I see. Chinese will
shut her eye's not to see the terror. China will cover her ears not to hear the screams.
China will cover her mouth...as long as China gets what China is after.

Think of that on a global scale.

America is not perfect but when we go to help other countries we do so with good will
in our heart. When we see massive injustices going on by the leaders we support we
tell them straighten up or ship out. We want "the people" to have a say. The rest of
the world is catching on though.
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-11 13:42:30 |Display all floors
America is not perfect but when we go to help other countries

Is it really? what did you do to help other countries?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-13 09:32:35 |Display all floors
The US does help other countries, but pretty much for its own good.

Remember, once awhile the US help Sadam a lot to make him superpower in mild-east.
大学生英语辩论赛http://bbs.sinolia.com/showthread.php?t=354

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-13 09:45:36 |Display all floors

Help Others?

Yeah, like sharing the expertise, ala the School of the Americas - for decades training death squads around the globe to kill, maim, torture, for what purpose?

See the glorious details here:

http://www.geocities.com/~virtualtruth/soa.htm

How can we Chinese hope to duplicate that illustrious history?

Yet our friend freely intones that:

"We have seen the Chinese government in action around the world. They choose a group
in that country and arm them to defend what China wants, needs and takes. The total
lack of "humanity" to me is appalling."

Fish, is it a case of a thief seeing and suspecting everything around him as thievery?  

Meausring the Big Man's belly with the Little Man's heart, that's we Chinese call it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-13 10:17:13 |Display all floors

There we go again...

"for decades training death squads around the globe to kill, maim, torture, for what
purpose?"

...this is exactly what I think of China.....well not really....China has taken this one step
future....China does not get her own hands dirty doing this...she has others do it for China.

We do help countries that have dictators to become free Democracies. A country chooses
what to do...or the people choose what to do....with the vote.

The countries that are oppressed with no right to vote are the ones we help. Also, we
bring technology to these countries to make life better for the people.

Look at China now....even China has talks about going to the moon. Would this have
happened if not for the West?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-13 11:30:59 |Display all floors

The U.S.A. In My Mind

[13th century. Via French < Latin conjurare "bind with an oath," literally "swear together" < jurare (see jury)]
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/conjure.html

This conjures up a grave warning to U.S.A. that the state of affairs of the mississippi and the infra-structure of cities with their suburbs is the crack in the block of ice that will if not frozen with plenty of dollar assets,

crack.

The troble on the mississippi ranges from drying up to flooding and it will not take just a little patching to solve the problem seeing that it already has a large flow of assets to the region of the Atlantic and gulf coast states.  

People, in the USA are already watching the re- election of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Califrornia as to whether or not he has the right disaster preparedness funding for the state after wild forest fires were followed by mud and rock slides.

[ Last edited by broken_heart at 2006-3-13 11:33 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.