Author: tonyabc

The US in my mind [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-1 22:18:28 |Display all floors
Here, I red messages said the US and China are alliance or enemy. Personally, think two are competitors;what do you think?
大学生英语辩论赛http://bbs.sinolia.com/showthread.php?t=354

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-2 15:18:31 |Display all floors

Competitors or friends?

I think it is possble to be both.  Hopefully they will become much better friends, though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-3 20:12:56 |Display all floors
a lot of different views.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-4 23:02:27 |Display all floors
What is yours?
大学生英语辩论赛http://bbs.sinolia.com/showthread.php?t=354

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-5 16:06:27 |Display all floors
i like america, to be honest, it has a very good social and polital system compared with other countries.
i hope china can do better in the decades,but it is very hard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-7 10:27:21 |Display all floors
I am afraid the U.S. is not as good as we imagine.

These are my opinions upon America:
1.People cannot stay out at night somewhere, or else they will get themselves killed or raped without knowing who do this to them.

2.Drug trades are everywhere, I've seen these scenes time and again in movies.A sweet car stopping at the road side, a young man sticked his head out of  the car window and said to the man: I want some bhang.

3.People are addicted to sex. They've made a lot new innovations which make them look more like annimals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-7 10:46:45 |Display all floors

Good or bad...

...at least we vote.

Yes we as Americans take the responsibility because WE elected this president....twice.

How many people in the world hated Americans before President Bush? Under 8 years of Mr. Clinton,
we were struck by the enemy many times.

"During Clinton's tenure, Al-Qaeda began to emerge as a major terrorist threat. In 1998, the group
bombed the American embassies in Tanzania and Kenya.
In retaliation, Clinton ordered Operation
Infinite Reach, which involved cruise missile strikes on terrorist camps in Kandahar, Afghanistan and a
suspected chemical weapons facility in Khartoum, Sudan that was believed to be tied to bin Laden. [12]
Clinton also gave orders authorizing the arrest or, if need be, assassination of Al-Qaeda leader Osama
bin Laden. At the end of his term, in late 2000, the terrorists struck again with the USS Cole bombing. By this time, Clinton has stated he regarded Al-Qaeda as the foremost threat to national security. [13] In
the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks, the independent investigating commission was critical of
Clinton for focusing more on diplomatic than military means to eliminate the bin Laden threat."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.