Post time 2006-2-24 11:03:02 |Display all floors
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-24 12:05:06 |Display all floors

Funny Pinko but if she was

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-24 12:46:48 |Display all floors
People really do this, I knew a girl in high school who used to do this. It's called "cutting", a person who does it is called a "cutter" and a psychologist would help them work out why therey are doing it, etc. Often it is because they feel so badly about themselves they feel they should be punished. Sometimes it is for attention, and sometimes they get pleasure from it, because it makes them feel good to be punished and suffer.

If you know someone who is doing this, chances are they could use a friend who cares about them. you could also talk to their family or teachers about it, maybe they could help. Often when people grow out of it or start to feel better about themselves, they don't do it anymore, but the scars on their arms might be there for the rest of their lives.

Here's a simple article about it, aimed at kids:
http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/mental_health/cutting.html
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-24 12:49:30 |Display all floors

What if they use it in a way to drag you into their world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-24 12:55:41 |Display all floors
You can say: "If you want us to be friends, you must get help. I care about you and until you get help I will call you every day or send letters or knock on your door saying get help get help get help get help, I love you, get help, you are my friend and I want you to be happier, please get help get help get help"... or whatever you think might work for that individual.

And...... if they die..... they can't blame you, they are dead. If you read the article you will see that it says most cutters don't intend to kill themselves or even permanently damage themselves.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-24 13:01:21 |Display all floors

I dont think its good to give attention to them

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.