Author: whirlingone

How many of you enjoy your present job? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-20 18:50:21 |Display all floors

really feel bored

i have complained my job for a long long time. i dont like teaching,especially dont want to teach the horticulture that was my major. unfortunately have taught for 10 years. now almost give up, but still work at the college. wish to find a job at the company. what i like is working at company, or doing business that's related to english language. that will be great, but nobody wants to hire me,,,,,,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 03:08:02 |Display all floors

In Canada, when people decided to

Originally posted by maryran at 2006-2-20 18:50
i have complained my job for a long long time. i dont like teaching,especially dont want to teach the horticulture that was my major. unfortunately have taught for 10 years. now almost give up, but ...

change their career path, one option is going back to school for retraining. I know this is tough if you are married, got kids etc...

But if you are still young (35-45) and can afford the lost of your regular income for a couple of years....retraining is still a better option than staying and hating your present job until your retirement age. Just my one-sided view.

I don't even know whether you can do that in China. I assume that You are from China.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 19:15:38 |Display all floors
I hope I will find a job I love.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-23 13:35:33 |Display all floors

i have no idea myself

i have no idea of my present job. But as an adult i must earn my living.  In additon i don't know what else i can do. That's all. I'm not so satisfied with it. Later on when time pass by i must have a chage though difficult

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-23 15:47:52 |Display all floors

???

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-24 09:00:28 |Display all floors

I get paid less now that I'm a better worker!!!! hahaha... it's true!

When I started one of my jobs where I get paid by the hour, I would write down my hours. I would write down what I did and how long it took. For this part time job I was getting 10-12 hours per week. Well, it is 3-4 years later, and because I have gotten used to this job, I do it faster and better, so I get LESS hours per week, maybe 8 hours now, which means I get paid LESS!!!!!! This is backwards!!!! Everyone says I should "pad my hours" - write down more time than I actually spend, so it looks like it did 1-2 years ago and I get paid more again. I am doing the same job.

I imagine there are a lot of jobs out there where people are not geting paid what they're worth, maybe they deserve more, or maybe they deserve less.

My brother would work harder than the other employees on his shift, and when the boss realized he was fast and reliable and didn't goof off, he would give him extra work. So the lazy guys had it even EASIER, and my brother was given more work to do, for the same pay.

I think more jobs should offer a set amount of pay for doing the job. If it takes you too long, that's your penalty for being lazy. If you can do the job in 6 hours instead of 8, great! You can go home early and still get paid the same.  This won't work for all jobs, but it would work well for a lot of jobs that are currently unfair, like my brother's. Now he works at night, and his assignment is easy. He can do his job in a few hours, but he must sit there for the rest of the night anyway and read to pass the time. Why can't he go home? He's not a night guard or someone who MUST be there. He should be allowed to do his job and leave!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-24 09:12:39 |Display all floors
I agree with what  Thunderbird  last said!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.