Author: waikit

Does Chinese like to flaunt their success/status? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-5 18:14:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liangzai at 2006-4-5 16:05

Dunno about that. They are weird, that much is true. A few of those have come to me, offered their friendship, invited me to countless of extravagance dinners in times when I've had no money. T ...

sometimes it' s easy to discern out . You'v been living in Shanghai ,i bet you've gone to place like Bund 3# or Bund 18# , where i only take my foreign customers there , for the gouging incredible price ----dinner on the company .   
if with my foreign fellow colleagues ,we go to common pubs and buy drinks for each other .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 18:24:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by frank01 at 2006-4-5 18:14

sometimes it' s easy to discern out . You'v been living in Shanghai ,i bet you've gone to place like Bund 3# or Bund 18# , where i only take my foreign customers there , for the gouging incre ...

But these things have happened in one of the outer districts, far away from the city and the tourists.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-5 18:30:08 |Display all floors

then i've to say its personality

man do something because he likes or obliged ,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-17 12:10:54 |Display all floors

You look so clear!

Yes, you are right to find that most Chinese want to buy a 3 box sedan than a 2 box one.

I will buy a 3 box seden too if I will purchase a new car for myself. It's common idea that the car is like the clothes you wear, not only for keeping warm, but more to show your beauty or your status.

Car is not a usual transportation tool for most Chinese family, so car would be act  as property to flaunt the owner's status. Maybe that's ture.

But how about this in your region? I'd like to know :-)

Originally posted by waikit at 2006-2-19 15:48
thanks so far..
what i see for example (please correct me if am wrong) that urban chinese people desire to buy a big 3 box sedan car to  flaunt their success...and it seems that more and more peop ...

[ Last edited by laodubj at 2006-4-17 12:15 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-19 17:27:07 |Display all floors

not universal

it is not universal for  Chinese to flaunt or show off their success or social status, coz there is a long tradition behind culture made up  with modesty or being low-pitched.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-1 03:18:26 |Display all floors
some...but not all of them

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.