Author: luxgum

China's Wang wins gold in short track [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-20 08:22:19 |Display all floors
Oh well, Pinko7, I dont think Aust will win many gold.....

But I do like Johnny Weir from the states....he is so cute......
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-20 11:36:50 |Display all floors
Good to see you back sinfull we all missed you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-20 19:49:16 |Display all floors

The clever Aussie count.

mencius , you are not aware of the way Aussies work , especially with sports success accounting. If someone wins , he/she is Australian even if he/she was born , bred and trained elsewhere and have barely landed in Australia. If someone does something discreditable, then he/she is  " English born "  even if he/she has spent the last 20 years downunder ! It is true. They have claimed cricketers' achievements either way with English/Australia allegience when it suits. This Canadian-Aussie Dale is quite underwhelmed with the accolade that the Australian sporting mad public tried to hang on him . The Aussie press has since turned feral against him and has stopped trying to claim him as an Aussie anymore. Seeing that he would most likely be the one and only  "Aussie " medal, there is a dichotomy of loyalties here, hence my taunt. I see that pinko has given up on him too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-20 21:59:33 |Display all floors

Whatever

As I said I'm not really worried about someone's nationality. I hope that you will be graceful enough to at least acknowledge he is a good athlete and deserved his medal.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-21 14:25:17 |Display all floors

I am gracious and graceful.

Originally posted by mencius at 2006-2-20 21:59
As I said I'm not really worried about someone's nationality. I hope that you will be graceful enough to at least acknowledge he is a good athlete and deserved his medal.

I am not a follower of the mogul. I have no doubt that he is the best in the world and he deserves the gold medal. The mogul is designed and sponsored by the world association of orthopaedic surgeons. They are in line for a bonanza of knee replacement surgery in the not too distant future. Enjoy the Olympics.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.