Author: chinadaily

New photos of Abu Ghraib abuse surface [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-17 04:16:28 |Display all floors

reply to christopher

Mostly I agree with your assessment.

However, I think we ought to acknowledge that there is a portion of the American population that have no scruples, and have no sense of humanity nor shame.

Onward Christian soldiers -- in their hearts, they know they are right?

We march to the promised land of Armageddon!

Please note that in the more recent few decades, most of the Christian church's leaders have embraced the idea of God's chosen. And, so has their congregation.

:)

[ Last edited by eightyeight at 2006-2-17 04:20 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 07:32:55 |Display all floors

photo release

were there actually these instances at abu ghraib over two seperate periods of time?...or were they from the same period of time but whith their photos released at seperate times?

also to the mods, will i get away with posting pictures of abuse in china? coz i have the pics if you would allow me to post them
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 08:18:25 |Display all floors

For your information.

Originally posted by pinko7 at 2006-2-17 07:32
were there actually these instances at abu ghraib over two seperate periods of time?...or were they from the same period of time but whith their photos released at seperate times?
also to the mo ...

Pinko,  these are part of the photo album from the original large scale torture and humiliation convention conducted at the Abu Ghraib two years ago. There are officially 1000 more stills and videos where that came from. The Pentagon and the White House have been exceptionally sensitive and sensible, as they are, in ensuring that these horrible and horrendous practices do not see the light of day. Court injunctions have been taken out and all manner of harassment and threats have been issued to put a tight lid on this Pandora's Box. Lo and behold, there are still those brave souls in the USA who are principled enough to follow their conscience other than that blind " patriotism " and leaked these photos out. Good on them brave souls.

Pinko, this thread is on the American contribution to the worldly art of torture and abuse. It is not an ' auction ' where people compete with each other as to who has the worse ever photos. I have no doubt that you have exquisite trophies to offfer, especially on China but thanks and no thanks. Another day another thread perhaps. Do you have any of the massa.cre of the Australian Aborigines as well ? That would make a pretty gallery as well. Start a thread on that one !

So these American contributions are not new, just a continued and systematic exposure of the hypocrisy from those who would be the deliverers of " freedom and justice " that is all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 08:35:12 |Display all floors

so mods, you there?..can i post them pics or what?

"Pinko, this thread is on the American contribution to the worldly art of torture and abuse."
>>>fair enough...i just thought it a good opportunity to highlight the bias of the mods

"It is not an ' auction ' where people compete with each other as to who has the worse ever photos"
"Do you have any of the massa.cre of the Australian Aborigines as well ?"
>>>is that your "bid"...sorry i don't have any...i do have photos of paintings of the event though...yes australia does have it's share of shame...mostly because of what happened in the colonial days...so i suggest china get over their backward 21st century colonialism and policies of systematic abuse, because australia has

ps...what's up with the little fire and knife man? does he mean to express the point that you would like to slash me? but only after having set fire to your own face it appears...so strange
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 10:28:09 |Display all floors
So are all of these old pictures from 3 years ago, or are some of them new?

People shouldn't get so rattled with the blood, because the blood doesn't necessarily indicate that US soldiers beat the POWs, though naive veiwers and irresponsible reporterts would like to believe/suggest this.

Whether they were captured by force or by retreat, I'm sure they were roughed up as they were being detained.  What's wrong with that?  If a man comes to my house with a gun, shoots at me then runs, and I later capture him...he's going to get roughed up pretty bad.  Same thing you all are seeing with the pictures.

I personaly think the pictures seem odd, but not knowing if the apparent physical damage was caused by US troops (other than whe they were captured), I'd say you can't determine these pictures show torture.  Forcing them to get naked is not torture.  If Al qaeda captures me, i'd be a happy camper if that's all they do to me.

Heck, in picture number two we were even nice enough to give the guy a free dental exam.  What other military would be so gracious?  It's not like we are pulling out the gold teeth like hitler did to the jews.

The last guy in pick number 5 looks like he just got back from a hunting trip with Cheney.  NOt a very good shot is he?  I wonder if he ever even hit a duck/quail.

Real quick though, can someone point out to me which picture indicates, with absolute certainty, that the POW's life is in danger?

Signed,

DOD Agent

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-2-17 10:30 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 21:05:37 |Display all floors

Reply #15 eightyeight's post

88 thanks, I worked in Munich for the USA army as a civilian
The rankos are scared to death of breaking military rules.
No way was this abuse freelance. I am horrified but I really
think the sexual abuse  and all the abuse was sanctioned
from as high as Rummy.

How many US soldiers will the sexual abuse kill? Sexual abuse
remains in the mind of the victim and the aggressive idiots
of the White House should be ashamed

However, I think we ought to acknowledge that there is a portion of the American population that have no scruples, and have no sense of humanity nor shame.

I agree I have met hundreds of them

[ Last edited by christopher_104 at 2006-2-17 09:09 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 05:57:49 |Display all floors
How many US soldiers will the sexual abuse kill?
by crhristopher

Some people are asking a similar question: how many US soldiers will die because of American media?

While the pictures seem pathetic, we are at war with these people.  Most importantly, I don't think most people considerforce feeding, or making prisoners of war get naked 'amounts' to torture.  Their lives are not in danger and they are well fed .  I was watching them play soccer just the other day.  Probably not world cup material though, not that the Germans would want them to participate.

Again, does anyone know if these are NEW pictures, or archived garbage that is being shown again by the opposing media?

Also, how come nobody is talking about the new 12 hour long Saddam tapes??  are they justification?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.