Author: luck_boy

A girl is seeking me,but I am very hesitating [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-19 17:04:16 |Display all floors
Luck_boy, ignore the idiots.  They are foreigners (probably girls) who watch too many movies.  They also have no respect for the language barrier.  Every relationship is unique, just do what feels right for you and her.  If saying "wo ai ni" made the girl happy, then good job.  Be sure to call her, or send lots of text messages in the next few days.

PS: next time, try for a kiss... don't wait for the girl to suggest it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-19 22:00:46 |Display all floors
I can't imagine that I kiss her,I even didn't hold her hand in the first date,now I was worry about which way is best to ask her out.A phone call?I even don't know her number,although my friend told me,but I will very nervse and shy to say to her;send a message may be a better way,but I concern about that she will angry because that is not very formal;Go to invite her face to face,but that need too more courage,you know,this is my first time to ask a gal out.Which way is best?That is a troublesome question......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-21 05:43:19 |Display all floors

Dr. Freaky says...

Don't ask her out through a message, ask either in person or on the phone. Maybe you can have a conversation first, get to know some things she likes and doesn't like. Then you can get an idea about where to go on your next date.

I agree that saying "I love you" so soon is ... well, it's quite soon, but I don't know what words you used in Chinese, maybe it's not equal to "I love you" in English. In English "I love you" is a very serious thing to say, and gives the impression you want to be with her a very long time - as if you would consider her for marriage.

I don't think it's a good idea to tell her you didn't mean it. That might sound mean, or hurt her feelings. Maybe you can approach it like this - you can apologize for saying it so soon, as if you are concerned for her feelings. You're sorry and you hope you didn't make her uncomfortable by saying you love her so soon. You can tell her that when you thought about it later, you realized you should know each other better first, so that you can make sure you truly mean it, you're not just saying it like a child... she deserves to hear a good, firm, certain "I love you", and you want to get to know her better by doing things like... (and name some fun things she might like to do, and maybe that can set up the next date.)

Of course, only say these things if they are true for you.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 22:49:29 |Display all floors
Thank you for your advice and sorry for long time no reply,I got along with her so not too much time online,I asked her out through phone call for my second date,that is also my friend's advice.she was very exciting that I dated her independently.I had a great time with her,I suddenly find one person'life is so dull,but with a gal,you can do many interesting things:go to shopping,go to movie,find a peacful place to have a talk......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.