Author: threethree87

tell me something about your opinion on psychology. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-14 11:20:02 |Display all floors

is kinda metaphysics

a psycologist can say anything 2 convince u without any material evidences, every proof they provieded just  paper theory

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-14 15:36:45 |Display all floors

about psycology!

the psycology is very usefull for us. it is good medicine  can cure  our heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-15 11:34:36 |Display all floors

Psychology

Although psychology is often said to be a science of behavior, psychotherapy is largely an art. I agree with those who argue that society is best served when the role of therapist is professionalized. In that way, at least some standards of accountability can be in force to protect innocent people who suffer from being exploited by unethical practitioners. There are, however, many forms of the healer-sufferer relationship, and we can get help often from friends, family, wise teachers, and religious figures. There is sometimes too much emphasis placed on using medicine for psychological pain, but sometimes medicine is the best solution to deep depression, anxiety, and many of the psychotic illnesses. In other situations, pain is the right feeling to have because we may be in a bad spot in life. The pain motivates us to change for the better, hopefully.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-15 12:51:00 |Display all floors

Reply #10 hanrui's post

You are right modern medicine helps in some aspect.
But it is for short term use. Can't rely on too long as addiction may kick in.

The more important is to see for oneself what is troubling the mind!
Many have said we can't see our own fault.
Listening to others and  slowly deciphering and analysing our inner thoughts helps.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-15 15:12:34 |Display all floors

what are psychologist doing

psychologist is not just the one as what we commonly think that chating with a patient lying on sofa.
far far more than that.
doing research, i think is the work most psychologist are doing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-15 20:37:04 |Display all floors

Psychology and Psychiatry

It is correct that psychology is a much broader field of research and practice than just counseling. Psychiatrists are physicians who generally follow the medical model of treating even emotional problems with medicine, although most psychitrists are also trained in psychotherapy. Psychologists are not physicians, although they are licensed to practice. For that reason, psychologists can't treat bipolar disorder and schizophrenia very effectively because those disorders don't respond easily to "talk therapy." The reason is that a biological disturbance in brain is not easy to impact with life experiences, although it can happen.

The American Psychological Association web site can show the diversity of work undertaken within the field of psychology: http://www.apa.org/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-16 10:35:44 |Display all floors
guy upstairs, you are really a specific in psych.
can i ask whether you are a psychologist?
hehe, i'm major in psych leh.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.