Author: nerissa

do all foreigners treat love so causal [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-20 21:50:32 |Display all floors

not really

have you read harry potter and the half-blood princess,    i had a foreign friend whose sister was too shy to get along with us. i think it depends on the character.     
      you know why some treat love so casually? cuz they fail  to date with the one they love and feel some kind of  shame.  so they  are anxious to find another guy to show they are ok .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-23 01:01:17 |Display all floors

I think some people do treat love causally...foreigner or not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-23 07:27:38 |Display all floors

Nerissa, love is a universal need for people.

The difference is how they react to lost love. As you know, some people kill themselves over lost love while others get on with their life. I think most us humans have had disappointment in love in their past and some will look at it in a thousand different ways.
It doesn't matter if you are Chinese or Western or some tribal member on a lost island somewhere. Lost love is painful. It is the one human emotion that sets us apart from all the other animals. Some animals mourn the loss of a mate but we humans find different ways to rationalize it because of the things we think about the cause of our loss. Things like "I am worthless" or "How could she betray me like that?"
Or  in my case the last love loss of mine was "Thank God it's over, I'm free again". We all go through it and the best thing to do is get on with your life and seek a better woman (or man) and try all over again....... There is no shame in failure but it is a shame to not try............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-24 09:54:08 |Display all floors

Great example

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-24 10:04:38 |Display all floors

As for the title...

In the eyes of those "foreigners", you're a foreigner, too....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-25 22:43:45 |Display all floors

mmm

The fact is that all 5 billion or so people that are foreigners for the Chinese are all the same and treat love and relationships with far less respect than the Chinese.  The OP has stumbled on the truth after meeting one of these 5 billion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-26 00:45:18 |Display all floors

Reply #34 ubersuave's post

The fact is that all 5 billion or so people that are foreigners for the Chinese are all the same and treat love and relationships with far less respect than the Chinese.  The OP has stumbled on the truth after meeting one of these 5 billion.

It can be actually statistically proven for as long as non-Chinese are the majority on this planet. And this time seems to be limited for the reason of...

[ Last edited by doberman at 2006-2-26 12:46 AM ]
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.