Author: judith1983

how many girls like history! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-11 15:32:09 |Display all floors

freakyqi...

there are a lot of movies and tv shows about the history of china which have been added various element to attract ppl to watch. usually, i think documentaries showing the truth or the real research of the scientists. but movies and tv shows, i just watch them for fun and to know the big affairs which happened at that period of time. but dont trust the details, especially the love stories. most of them are the producers tricks to attract ppl to watch.

examples:
documentaries -- discovery...
movies -- pearl harbor...
Life goes on!!!!!!!  ----  I am what I am!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-11 21:35:35 |Display all floors
Though I'm generally anti-war, I'm fascinated by military history.... Does that sound strange?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-12 03:12:11 |Display all floors
No, my son is the same way. He loves watching movies about Hitler or wars, or weapons.... yet he wants to be a veterinarian and rescue cute little puppies.

Oh geez I sounded old. Sorry.

The love story element certainly kept my attention, and I ended up liking the assassin too, he was kinda sexy, and such a warm person.... (he changed and didn't want to kill anymore)

Does anyone here have any clues as to how long it might be before they open more tombs or do more excavating in Xi'an? I am wondering if I might see Emperor Qin's tomb opened in my lifetime.

Also, I said "sexy" above, but it's not in my dictionaries   How would I say someone "looks sexy" in Chinese?

(what a fun array of topics here!)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-12 11:43:34 |Display all floors

you probably wont have the chance freakyqi...

we still dont have the tech to protect it when it is open. and the scientists wont take the risk of losing it...

it might be a mystery forever...
Life goes on!!!!!!!  ----  I am what I am!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-12 18:15:52 |Display all floors
history can mirror the current event  nowadys, our old saying is that"read the history can strengthen our willpower", so keep doing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 06:12:15 |Display all floors

If you are interested in history, go for it.

It is more interesting to do the thing you like than following the crowd.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 08:08:52 |Display all floors
I see what alladin is saying. There's a saying that goes something like this, "Those who don't know history are bound to repeat it." I'm sure that's not exact, and I don't remember who said it right now.

I think we, as humanity, can learn from history's mistakes, and make sure to not make the same mistakes again. I don't think this happens though. I think we often make mistakes that could have been avoided if we were paying attention.

Personally, I don't know why I like history sometimes. Actually I don't know very much about it. It's something new I've discovered I like recently, as an adult. I think it's fun to imagine what things were like in different times, and for other cultures.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.